Fenix brings you a fresh and customizable Twitter experience.
Enjoy Twitter without ads and browse your timeline in an intuitive chronological order, free from intrusive promoted content.
Mute noisy or unwanted users, hashtags or keywords.
Customise your main screen tabs by adding all your favourite lists and saved searches.
• Enjoy Twitter without ads and promoted content
• Browse your timeline in a natural chronological order, say no to the Algorithm!
• Fully customisable main screen tabs, where your lists and saved searches can be just a tap away
• Powerful iPad multi-column layout, showing all your favourite content in one place
• Powerful widgets giving you access to your timeline, mentions and lists right from your device home screen
• Choose from a selection of beautiful light or dark themes, with a special option optimised for OLED displays
• Automatically sync your timelines positions across your iOS devices
• Quickly add GIFs to your tweets, thanks to the GIPHY integration
• Mute noisy or unwanted users, hashtags or keywords
• Manage all your Twitter accounts in one place
• Quickly preview tweets content with a simple long press
** Upgrade to Fenix Pro with a single in-app purchase to unlock all the app features:
- Compose, Reply and Quote Tweets.
- Follow New Users.
- Add Multiple Accounts.
- Unlock all Themes and Icons.
- Add Unlimited Columns.
# Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Great, but can be improved
This is an incredible app, I love the layout and overall feel of it. With that being said, there are a few features that could be added. A clear cache would be great, and hopefully easy to add. It would be nice to be able to sort replies by likes rather than defaulting to recent (if Twitter API allows this). It would also be nice to be able to customize swipe gestures (positioning of like/retweet/reply). These last features are likely hard or impossible to implement, but would be nice to have: an in-app translate feature (doesn't just open google translate), and Twitter polls (depends on API).
Still a great app, worth the purchase!
Confusing app from first time user
I read a bunch of reviews, recent ones, about bugs. I wanted to try this out because I am sick of the official Twitter app, which clogs up my feed with interests that I have no interest in. The problem is you cannot really do anything in this app unless you pay for it. But I'm not paying for anything, even a one time payment, unless I can test out the app. Being able to open the app and read a few tweets without being able to like anything or interact with any pages is not testing out an app. What I dislike is that it only shows one small column of tweets. The other columns are taken up with things I don't want to see all the time, my mentions and my messages. I want for most of the page all of the time to be showing me tweets and nothing but tweets. Also, the replies when I see them are very small. I'm not just going to give this app my money unless I know I can customize it to one large, wide column of tweets and other stuff. In the meantime, I'm going to delete this app and keep looking.
Clean, but buggy
Picked this over tweetbot because it was a flat price instead of a subscription. Feels like my timeline went on a juice cleanse, and I like that a lot. Took a bit to get used to the UI, but now I like it. HOWEVER -
This app is pretty buggy, to the point that it's starting to drive me back to the official client. It crashes often, roughly once or twice a day (with a couple hours of use in between crashes - this is my time sink while waiting for builds at work, etc). Messages column has a bug where it shows a blank square over each message preview.
It also has issues loading content, particularly videos. They only load about half the time. Sometimes closing and reopening the tweet fixes it, but sometimes it never loads, so you have to open the tweet in the browser to see the video. Tweet replies also have trouble loading occasionally. It also basically never loads the current like count of a tweet.
Loading shouldn't be a problem because you can just pull down to refresh, right? Not implemented anywhere other than the root of most of the columns (it's also missing on the Profile column). That feature would at least provide a workaround to some of the bugs. (It also seems to cache stuff or something, so tapping back and then into whatever you were looking at again results in the same unloaded content.)
I like this alternative to the official client, so it deserves more than 1 star, just wow the bugs...
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Matteo Villa
- 14.7 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © Matteo Villa
- In-App Purchases
- Fenix Pro $5.99