Get stronger and hit new personal records with this easy-to-use app that takes the math out of 5/3/1. Focus on lifting and let KeyLifts take care of the rest.
KeyLifts takes the math out of the 5/3/1 program so you can focus on getting stronger. Everything is planned out for you. Know exactly what you need to do as soon as you step into the gym. KeyLifts automatically calculates all your sets so you can focus on hitting new Personal Records.
Planning and tracking a 5/3/1 program is time-consuming and hard. You have to calculate your training max and then calculate every single set based on your training max. It doesn't have to be like that. You could just walk into the gym every day knowing exactly what you need to lift. KeyLifts takes the math out of the 5/3/1 program so you can focus on getting stronger and hitting new PRs.
Every cycle you have to redo the entire planning process, but not anymore! With one button press, you can create a new cycle with all the weights automatically calculated for you.
If you haven't hit your ultimate strength goals yet then maybe it's because you have to spend so much time at the gym calculating weights for each set. Stop wasting your precious energy. Just plug in your numbers to KeyLifts and go.
The 5/3/1 program is amazing for strength gains but your energy and time are wasted trying to figure out what plates you need for each set. In the upgraded Pro version you get a Plate Calculator so you focus on the things that matter.
Getting stronger is about putting in the work every week but it's hard to see the progress you are making. The Pro version includes graphs of your one-rep maxes over time. Feel confident knowing you are doing the right things and making progress.
If you are the type of person that likes to track everything the Pro version also includes the ability to add and track Joker sets and assistance exercises.
- Plan an entire 5/3/1 cycle with one button press
- Alerts when you hit a new Personal Record (PR)
- Warm-up sets
- Rest Timer
- 150+ templates from the 5/3/1 Books
- Build your own custom templates
- Track assistance exercises
- Track Joker sets
- Delete or swap exercises during a workout
You can subscribe to the Pro version on either a monthly or yearly basis. Pro Features include:
- Automatic Training Max progressions
- Cloud backup and sync between devices
- Plate Calculator
This app integrates with Apple Health to sync your weight and workout data.
- You can now track Reps in Reserve (RIR) and Rate of Perceived Exertion (RPE) for any exercise. You can add RIR or RPE to any exercise by going to Settings > Exercises > swipe left on an exercise > Edit > toggle RIR/RPE. Or when you create a new exercise, you can toggle RIR/RPE on the Create Exercise screen.
- Two new exercise types added, Duration x Weight and Distance. These are great for tracking things like Isometric holds and sprints. You can change the type of an existing exercise by going to Settings > Exercises > swipe left on an exercise > Edit.
- For exercises with a duration, you'll see a timer icon instead of the check mark to complete the set. Tapping the timer will automatically start a timer for the duration of your set. Then you can check off the set when you're done.
- The app would occasionally crash when changing the reps or percentages for a template. Should be fixed now.
- Fixed bug where swapping a pull/push/leg placeholder exercise would not update the workout if you tried swapping it after completing a workout.
Ratings and Reviews
Really enjoying this app
Just finished my first cycle of 5/3/1 and I’m really enjoying this app. I love the plate calculator and how it tells you when you set a new PR and what you need to do to reach it. The only thing I have a question about is the TM for the next cycle, I started a second cycle and when it generated my training Max’s, my press went up 28lbs and my squat 11lb but my bench down 17lb and my dead’s down 9lb. I thought you were suppose to add 5 and 10lbs on each new cycle? That’s the only things about the app that’s confusing me at the moment but all in all I liked it so much I bought the pro version.
Developer Response ,
Glad you’re enjoying the app. Can you send me a screenshot of the training maxes changes to firstname.lastname@example.org? I’ll look into it. Thanks.
Several issues found with the app…
I used the app for two Leader cycles of the template God Is A Beast. During my 12 week use of the app I found several things wrong with the app. One of them was my percentages on week 6 were all sorts of messed up for whatever reason. I had to manually adjust them in order to hit the prescribed percentages that were the correct ones from the 531 Forever book.
Another issue I found was that my main lower body movements were not being increased by 10lbs as is the recommendation per 531. Instead they were only increased by 5lbs.
Another issue I found was in the God Is A Beast Anchor template. The 5x5 supplemental work was done on a completely separate day instead of being on the same day as it should be.
I’m sure there are many other little issues like this within app and templates that I don’t see it being worth a monthly cost.
I will say that the creator of the app is great in regards to responding to these issues when you email him about them. On the flip side it is annoying and cumbersome having to email him in regards to the issues over and over. Who knows if they’ll even be corrected.
Because of the issues I canceled my subscription and deleted the app. If the issues eventually get fixed I may revisit the app but for now I’ll just use another tracking app for my training.
This app would be awesome if it would work like it was designed to. A complete waste of money but mostly a waste of valuable time. Sometimes I can’t start or finish a session or add an exercise. I haven’t been able to update my weight for a couple of weeks now. I have to delete and reload the app regularly to get it to work properly. And this last time I lost all my data even though I had it set up to back up to the cloud. I have a tight schedule and don’t have time to always be trouble shooting technical issues. My old 531 app was very simple - not a whole lot of customization available, but at least it worked! I will be going back to it. I have had it for a while with no problems. Too bad - because this app layout and features are awesome when it works. It’s just to unreliable. I won’t be renewing my subscription! Don’t waste your money if you don’t have time for troubleshooting on a regular basis!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Health & Fitness
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Jimmy Cook
- 75.7 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Jimmy Cook
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Plan $4.99
- A Year of KeyLifts Pro $29.99
- Lifetime Access $89.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.