Smou is the app that helps you to get around Barcelona and the Metropolitan Area, providing access to information and mobility services to make it easy for you to move around the city.
With smou you have in your hands:
- Bicing: plan your route, reserve bikes and take them with smou. Also, with smou you’ll be able to see how many bikes there are in the station and whether they are electric or mechanical.
- Parking meter: pay for regulated on-street parking quickly, comfortably and without waiting. You pay only for the time you use it, without extra costs and without having to go to the parking meter. You can use it in Barcelona, Badalona, Castelledefels, El Prat de Llobregat, Esplugues de Llobregat, L’Hospitalet de Llobregat, Montgat, Sant Boi de Llobregat, Santa Coloma de Gramenet, Sant Joan Despí and Sant Just Desvern.
- Barcelona Residents: buy and manage the tickets to park as a resident in the Green spaces and/or in the specific parking spaces for residents.
- Parking via app: access the B:SM car parks with the automatic number plate recognition system, without having to take a paper ticket. There’s no need to go to the tickets machine, you can pay for your stay with your mobile phone! Also, just for paying through the app, you save 30% off the price!
- Endolla Barcelona: recharge your electric vehicle from your mobile phone. You can also locate and reserve the charging points in advance.
- Shared mobility vehicles: locate and check the availability of all motorbike sharing, bike sharing and car sharing services in the city.
- Public transport: check the timetables, stops and stations of Metro, Bus, TRAM, Ferrocarrils and Rodalies.
- How to get there: functionality with which you can see the different itinerary options, with the different means of transport and the duration of each route. So you can choose the one that most interests you.
- Taxi: book and pay for your taxi with the app and move around the city in a sustainable way with Taxi Ecològic's 100% electric and hybrid fleet.
SMOU includes the new Taxi service to offer you even more mobility options. You will be able to book and pay through the app for your rides with Taxi Ecològic.
That version also includes minor bug fixes to make your experience with the app even better.
Ratings and Reviews
Can’t see which direction I’m facing on map
It’s not currently possible to see which direction I’m facing on the map. This makes it hard to know how to get to a bike station. On multiple occasions I’ve gone the wrong way thinking I was going the right way.
The app also takes quite a long time to load compared to other apps like Google maps for example. It’s not fun to stare at a black loading screen while I’m standing and waiting next to a bike I want to rent.
Developer Response ,
Hello. We are sorry that your experience with smou has not been positive. If you consider it appropriate, send us the incident through our official channel: https://www.smou.cat/es/contacto in order to analyze your case in detail. With the latest version update we have corrected some aspects. Thank you for contacting us.
Often bikes are broken, including brakes!
I lost so much time using bici. Many bikes multination including not working brakes! Reporting broken bikes isn’t easy and takes time to change problematic bike. Alway some kind of surprise with them. Such a pity!
Do not bother if you’re a tourist
TLDR: If you want to call a foreign city government to get approved for a 5 minute bike ride, 5 stars probably!
Pros: tons of bikes
Cons: tons of bike because it’s impossible to sign up for the service, but the developer doesn’t think it’s important to notify you of that until you’ve downloaded the app, filled in your details, added your passport, verified your email, and then returned to the app to “activate the bicing service” - at that point you’re told it’s impossible to use a passport to rent bikes and to literally call Barcelona. Call the city of Barcelona and get help (no number provided, as if that would help).
Developer Response ,
In recent weeks we have detected a high movement with electric Bicing and this has caused greater pressure on its maintenance. The process of transforming 1,000 mechanical bicycles into electric bicycles has begun to reduce this pressure. The performance will be carried out progressively until the end of the year. Thank you and we are sorry for the inconvenience.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Ajuntament de Barcelona
- 241.5 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Catalan, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Ajuntament de Barcelona 2023