Mezzanine is a place to log your theater visits and review the shows you love.
* Log your theater visits in Mezzanine's diary. Watch your theater history come to life with original poster art and accurate production details.
* Add ratings, reviews, and photos to your diary entries so that you remember every detail.
* Pick from thousands of shows covering 40 years of Broadway and West End history. Or enter your own - Mezzanine is perfect for capturing everything from Broadway mega-hits to high school productions.
* Follow your friends to see their latest theater trips and reviews.
* Use Mezzanine's program scanner to create a diary entry in an instant.
* Your entire theatergoing history at your fingertips.
* View charts, maps and stats for all your theater visits.
* Build show lists to help plan your next theater trip or rank your favorite shows.
* Create a Mezzanine account or sign in with one of your social accounts so that your theater diary is always stored securely in the cloud and is synced across all your devices.
Mezzanine is just getting started! Look out for some great new features in the months ahead.
* Improved diary layout when in 'list' mode.
* Searches should be faster for large diaries.
* Stats for visited theatres include your manually-entered productions (the theatre name and city have to match).
Ratings and Reviews
A Theatre Goer Must-have!
This is such an easy way to keep track of shows I’ve seen, and not just on Broadway or in the West End! It’s super easy to add custom shows, so even that black box in Atlanta or second National Tour in Colorado can get a diary entry. Perfect for jotting down notes on shows, recording seat location (which is so helpful when booking future shows) and rating what you see! Also a huge fan of the map feature to see all of the places I’ve seen shows and a handy graph to see how this year stacks up against others. Warning: this app is addictive, in the best way, so once you start adding shows you’ll want to go back and record everything you’ve seen!
I am obsessed
When I moved away from home a few years ago, I made the mistake of throwing out playbills and ticket stubs (in an attempt to declutter) and it’s something I’ve regretted since!! Then I found mezzanine and I have had some fun filling in my diary with shows, reviews and even pictures of shows that I’ve seen. I’ve searched through photos and past calendars to make sure I’m putting in everything ha. I look forward to seeing what more this app will do. I like that it doesn’t feel identical to Fb, instagram or other social media apps, I hope it stays that way. This feels different!
Developer Response ,
This is a really touching review, thank you!
Designed for NY theater only
This works well for Broadway shows. But it is surprisingly undeveloped for regional theater, even for major regional theater cities like Washington DC; and it also lacks some very basic interface features.
For DC, the app’s database doesn’t have even recent productions of major plays by popular regional theatres. It doesn’t even prepopulate the “theater” entry field for major regional theatres like Studio Theater or Arena Stage. So those theatre names and productions have to be manually entered.
Even worse, manual entries don’t appear to be saved. So each time I have to again manually type in the name of the theater.
The app doesn’t even appear to have a pull-down list of cities to select. Those too have to be typed in manually over and over again.
The lack of stored cities and regional theaters—and the failure to save even manual entries—not only makes using the app more cumbersome, but also introduces needless inconsistency and errors (if, for instance, I spell it “Washington, DC” one time and “Washington, D.C.” another time).
I think right now this app is best advertised as a way for New York theater fans to track what they’ve seen. It doesn’t seem to be minimally useful for productions outside of NY; it lacks even remedial features for regional theater, even though most theater happens outside of NY.
Developer Response ,
Hi lip16, thanks for the feedback. As a DC theatergoer myself I'm working hard to improve the available productions outside of NYC. Currently Mezzanine has over 1,500 productions available but more are being added every day. In the meantime, as you mentioned, productions can be entered manually. And since version 1.1 Mezzanine will let you select from the theaters and cities you have entered used previously, so no more repeat or inconsistent data entry.
Hopefully Mezzanine becomes more useful for you over time. Thanks for trying it out.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Ben Packard
- 18.9 MB
- Requires iOS 13.6 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.6 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.6 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Ben Packard
- In-App Purchases
- Mezzanine Patron $14.99