Mezzanine is a place to log your theater visits and review the shows you love.
* Log your theater visits in Mezzanine's diary. Watch your theater history come to life with original poster art and accurate production details.
* Add ratings, reviews, and performance notes to your diary entries so that you remember every detail.
* Pick from thousands of shows covering 40 years of Broadway and West End history. Or enter your own - Mezzanine is perfect for capturing everything from Broadway mega-hits to high school productions.
* Use Mezzanine's program scanner to create a diary entry in an instant.
* Your entire theatergoing history at your fingertips.
* View charts, maps and stats for all your theater visits.
* Build show lists to help plan your next theater trip or rank your favorite shows.
* Create a Mezzanine account or sign in with one of your social accounts so that your theater diary is always stored securely in the cloud and is synced across all your devices.
Mezzanine is just getting started! Look out for some great new features in the months ahead.
Fixed a bug that could cause Mezzanine to hang when switching the diary to grid view.
Ratings and Reviews
I’ve been looking for an app like this for a long time and then along came Ben with Mezzanine. This is a fantastic app to easily track all the performances you’ve seen and keep a digital record of where you sat and what you liked or didn’t about the venue and performance all in one place. Ben is also extremely responsive to feedback. I can’t recommend this app enough!
Designed for NY theater only
This works well for Broadway shows. But it is surprisingly undeveloped for regional theater, even for major regional theater cities like Washington DC; and it also lacks some very basic interface features.
For DC, the app’s database doesn’t have even recent productions of major plays by popular regional theatres. It doesn’t even prepopulate the “theater” entry field for major regional theatres like Studio Theater or Arena Stage. So those theatre names and productions have to be manually entered.
Even worse, manual entries don’t appear to be saved. So each time I have to again manually type in the name of the theater.
The app doesn’t even appear to have a pull-down list of cities to select. Those too have to be typed in manually over and over again.
The lack of stored cities and regional theaters—and the failure to save even manual entries—not only makes using the app more cumbersome, but also introduces needless inconsistency and errors (if, for instance, I spell it “Washington, DC” one time and “Washington, D.C.” another time).
I think right now this app is best advertised as a way for New York theater fans to track what they’ve seen. It doesn’t seem to be minimally useful for productions outside of NY; it lacks even remedial features for regional theater, even though most theater happens outside of NY.
Developer Response ,
Hi lip16, thanks for the feedback. As a DC theatergoer myself I'm working hard to improve the available productions outside of NYC. Currently Mezzanine has over 1,500 productions available but more are being added every day. In the meantime, as you mentioned, productions can be entered manually. And since version 1.1 Mezzanine will let you select from the theaters and cities you have entered used previously, so no more repeat or inconsistent data entry.
Hopefully Mezzanine becomes more useful for you over time. Thanks for trying it out.
Honestly, I’m surprised no one made anything like this sooner. I’ve been a beta tester since the beginning and this app is such a great way to keep track of shows I see. The developer is also extremely responsive when it comes to adding new shows, new artwork, and responding to suggestions from the community!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Ben Packard
- 24.4 MB
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Ben Packard
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.