Get fit walking while exploring famous cities virtually! Remote Walk provides a great fitness experience by allowing you to walk in different cities from the comfort of your local neighborhood routes.
Walking is an excellent way to get in shape both mentally and physically. With Remote Walk, you can make this fun and have the motivation to walk more!
While you are walking outside on your routine walking routes, Remote Walk tracks your distance traveled and translates it to the virtual route. It gives you the experience of actually walking in the selected city! The app also provides exercise statistics including distance, speed, calories and steps -- including keeping a history of your walks.
You can use the app in GPS mode where it will let you know in real-time as you pass virtual landmarks in the routes. The passed landmarks will be spoken to you, and mixed with any current music you are playing on your phone. So don't forget to wear your headphones. This mode is great for dedicated exercise walks outside.
Or you can put the app in Steps mode to track your progress throughout the day using your steps. Also with this you can walk indoors or on a treadmill if you want -- all while using little phone power.
The more you walk, the more landmarks you pass, and the more exercise you get.
- Ability to view your position on the virtual map using google maps view. When you move locally, you see your position progress on the route map.
- Ability to see street view of your virtual route that updates in real time as you walk to make you feel like you are there. You can look around the street view using standard gestures.
- Routes have various landmarks. As you pass them, they are announced via audio, and you also get notifications on your phone/watch.
- A landmark view is available where you can see information on all the landmarks you passed as well as ability to jump to Wikipedia entry of the landmark as well as jump into a 360 panoramic view of the site using Google maps technology.
- A real-time exercise statistics page where you can see your current walking statistics like steps count, distance and time.
- Ability to save your walks and view history
- Interesting routes and landmarks
- 3 free routes, in famous areas of Chicago, San Francisco, and New Orleans(full features for those routes)
- A low price premium upgrade gives you all routes with no ads!
- Additional premium routes include Boston, London, Paris, Washington DC, Atlanta, Hawaii, Istanbul, Dublin and more, with more to be added!
No sign in or subscription required!
Note that the default mode is to use GPS to mirror your route to the virtual route, so you must be walking outside and actually moving! There are also steps and timer modes where you can use while on a treadmill. See More->Settings to change the tracking mode.
Remote Walk also runs on Apple Watch, where it tracks through the virtual route based on your steps as measured by the watch. This Watch app is independent of the iPhone app, and is for times when you would rather just see your progress on the virtual route on your wrist. It will only run on Series 3 or later, as well as SE Apple Watches that have Watch OS v7+ installed.
Fixed minor issue with iOS 14 support.
Ratings and Reviews
Exactly what I was looking for
I walk around my house a lot, reading news or books on my phone, to get steps in and sometimes it’s just boring. I was looking for an app exactly like this that shows me a virtual walk around cities using google street view, after using a different similar app that works with my treadmill.
It is “herky jerky” like google street view is, where it is more like 360 degree still pictures that mimic a walk down a road, than constant movement down the road, but it is much better than an app that only shows map view with points of interest along the way.
Currently, I’ve only walked New Orleans using this app. I’ve been to a few of the places in real life and chose NO because it’s one of the places I’ve been. Kind of a stroll down memory lane.
I prefer to walk while viewing street view, but found myself switching to the map view often to determine what street I was on. I wish that the street view contained a thumbnail of the map so I could see exactly where I am on the journey as you cannot tell where you are when viewing street view.
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for the feedback! We are glad you like it,. We will definitely work on this feature. Please do not hesitate to send any more suggestions to email@example.com.
No Other Fitness App Like It!
This app is wonderful and allows for a exclusive workout experience that is both fun and motivating. It’s like you’re really there! Strongly recommend trying this app.
Developer Response ,
Thanks so much for the feedback! We are glad you like it.
Good Exercise Motivation
This app really makes me walk faster and longer trying to get to all the landmarks. I highly recommend!
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- RoamPath, LLC
- 169.5 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2021 RoamPath, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Access $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.