Rising oceans threaten your homeland. Global tensions mount as millions are submerged beneath the waves.
Take command of an Aircraft Carrier Strike Force, fighting to secure a new home for your people. Engage sophisticated AI opponents in tactical naval battles. Research cutting edge technology to stay ahead in the global Arms Race while utilizing strategic alliances to gain intelligence on your enemies.
Carrier Commander: War at Sea, is a single player Naval Strategy Game set in the Cold War Era. Battles are a combination of Turn-Based and Real Time—and between battles the player must manage resources to build their fleet, research new tech, and acquire special weapons to be used during combat.
- Offline RTS style gameplay lets you face off against AI opponents with no internet connection.
- Turn Based/Real-Time-Strategy Hybrid gameplay.
- Creative input - draw your squadron’s flight-path every turn on Cold War style radar overlay
- Decisions you make in the Arms Race shape the outcome of the campaign
- Approx. 3-5 hrs to beat Easy Mode & Unlock Hard Mode
- Battle Simulator allows you to replay missions with tactical objectives to win resources for real battles
- Special Weapons give you an edge on the battlefield, but only once!
- Deep, retro-inspired style original soundtrack
A tactical gaming experience unlike any other, Carrier Commander is perfect for any gamer who wants a unique single-player strategy game in their pocket.
- Now Free to download and play for everyone
- New Helicopter enemy unit
- Scrap Factory doubles your salvage after battle once unlocked
- Simulator Missions now have assigned fleets and improved objectives
- Replaying 3-star Simulator Missions now assigns random fleets
- Players who purchased Carrier Commander get "Full Game Unlock" for free when they update.
Ratings and Reviews
Pretty Cool Game
Simple interface, easy to learn. Don’t let that deceive you. This game needs real strategy. Something you’ll play while waiting but wish you could wait some more. Yeah, it’s that good. Oh, get this, no in-app purchases! What?!
A real challenge
Starts off easy but gets hard after awhile. Finally beat easy mode after about 4 hours. Upgrade your carrier!
Using pixel doubler?
It came out just 5 months ago and it’s using the primitive coding with the pixel doubler. Seriously? In 2019!? It only supports 1 portrait orientation and no Landscape orientations. I’m not taking my iPad out of it’s holder just to play this game. This could be the best game ever and with this primitive app design concept I wouldn’t shell out one red cent for it.
Repetitive and in 20-30 minutes boring.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for voicing your concern, I appreciate the feedback. Unfortunately Carrier Commander is an iPhone-only game and does not support iPad which is why you had to use the "pixel doubler" to view it full screen on your iPad.
I agree this is not ideal, which is why I haven't listed the game as an iPad game. To avoid this in the future I recommend switching your App Store Preferences to "iPad Only". Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you!
- Ryan Salvesen
- 67 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © Ryan Salvesen 2019
- In-App Purchases
- Full Game Unlock $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.