Lootbox is a nice little dungeon crawler that will take you directly to hell. Being one of His Great Unholinesses sons, you are about to set on a quest that will lead you to various places until you finally have the chance to help your father defend the realm against its enemies. If you want it or not. So, do as you are commanded, naughty brat.
The satisfying dungeon crawler is here!
"Oh no, an incoming call!"
no real time decisions, you can safely interrupt the game at any point.
"So late already?"
no need to exit the game, a real world clock can be switched on optionally.
"What? I AM DEAD?"
No permadeath, this is no rogue-clone. You can load/save at any time, or return to safety without losing all your money or equipped items.
"Damn! I died and I forgot to save!"
The game is autosaved every level, don't panic.
"If I only could teach those damn rats what I've learned..."
You can come back to your old friends and show them your uber gear.
"Nice game, but my smartphone is over 5 years old..."
The game runs well on older devices, happy playing!
"Where can I buy money?"
Nowhere. This game is OFFLINE and there is NO Pay-To-Win mechanism. Sorry.
"Where is the chatroom?"
There are enough messengers already in the world, right?
"Where do I have to register?"
Register what? This game is OFFLINE. I don't need your data, thanks anyway.
"Where is the premium version?"
There isn't. Buy once, play endless.
- removed old cheese
- removed regular Ratebox Popup
- fixed some errors in the main Quest
- Hotslots now update after assigning something to it
- added restrictions when finding runeboards so that you shouldn't get duplicate runeboards
- show message if a shop has no items for sale
- fixed a bug with item stacks duplicating
- added some more long description texts
- fix for goblins in the throne room always dropping green items
- fix for hard mode not working after reloading
- Zombie potion and Dungeon Crawler Scroll no longer work in certain dungeons
- more fixes...
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Not terrible, but you’d have to sink many hours into it
Old school rogue like game. I think my biggest complaint would be the scaling. I played what I would consider a decent amount to get the idea of the game- I beat the Gravelord. It was pretty fun while I played it. I think 2 details caused me to quit and delete:
1) losing all of that sweet loot when you get stuck and have to die (that feels bad).
2) the natural scaling of the game means way too much grinding on prior levels before you can advance to anything significant. I don’t want to grind levels 15-20 on maze normal until I level up enough to go on to the next one. Tried and failed at the rat lair final floor because stamina rats were annoying. Tried and failed at vampire girls hard mode and got destroyed by stamina. Ah well, good for the 10ish hours I sunk, on to the next one.
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for giving the game a try and for your review! Kind regards, Mario
I like the game... pretty easy to go through a few levels and come back whenever without losing progress, but the spells ability is confusing.
I’ve got a rune board, and a rune, but the spell I have listed says I can’t use it because I don’t have a corresponding rune for it. So, why can’t I use a spell for the rune I collected and placed on the board? And how did I learn a spell I didn’t collect a rune for? What am I missing? And which dungeon drops more runes? Because I’ve gone through several times to the deeper levels of at least the torture chambers (which is where I got the board and the rune), and the rat king’s lair—beating both bosses—and it’s frustrating to have lesser and greater magic skills, but no magic to use.
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for your review!
For each spell you need at least a Power Rune AND some other rune(s), as described in the tooltip for Petty Magic. It is possible that you know spells and they are listed on your character screen although you don't own the runes that are needed to cast the spell. The spell shows which runes are needed on one of your runeboards. If you don't have all the needed runes on the same runeboard, the spell is shown in red and you can't cast it. In this game there is a difference between knowing a spell and being able to actually cast it with the help of runes. You will find more runes in the goblin tunnels.
I will try to make the concept clearer with the next updates and make finding runes easier.
I will not lie, I’ve been looking for an old-school offline rogue-like game for years, and when I saw this on the AppStore, I immediately bought it and I was pleased with what I got. I love the detail the game has and how it actually shows the armor on your character when you put on new armor and how it is slightly animated. The loot grind is a bit iffy, but it’s all so worth it when you get to go back and destroy the enemies you were struggling with before. This game is now one of my personal favorites and I am excited for what it will bring next! Also, question: Is there any rarity of equipment that is higher than uncommon?
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for your review! More content is in the making. Yes, there are "rare" items as well. But... they are... rare :-) kind regards, Mario.
- Mario J. Gaida
- 189.4 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2019 Gaida Internet Services
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.