WRD Scanner Pro is a simple-yet-powerful text recognition tool that uses state-of-the-art OCR machine learning to scan, highlight, and copy words from physical printed documents such as books. Just point your camera at any printed text and enter the keywords or phrase that you'd like to find into the app search bar—those words will quickly become highlighted on your device screen in real time with great precision.
All the text in an image can be extracted with just the tap of a button, and you can even select individual words and sentences to copy. For example, say you're at a cafe and the WiFi password is printed on a menu amongst lots of other text—simply take a snapshot of the menu and draw a box on-screen around the password to quickly and conveniently copy it onto your iPhone or iPad. WRD Scanner Pro also supports importing images from Photo Library and directly from other apps, so performing keyword searches and copying text from any image is now as easy as possible!
Text that is copied to the clipboard will be automatically saved in a private database and synced across all your iOS devices using your iCloud account. This also means that if you get a new device your clipboard text history will be right there waiting when you install WRD Scanner Pro! (Requires iOS 13 and use of an iCloud account.)
WRD Scanner Pro can perform real-time QR code scans too, and is available for both iPhone and iPad. No account or sign-up is required, and there are no subscriptions or in-app purchases.
• Hold your device camera over the text that you'd like to scan and type the words that you'd like to find into the app search bar—the words will be highlighted on the device screen when they're found in the printed text
• Real-time continuous scanning and snapshot modes available
• Copy whole passages of text with just the tap of a button
• Copy individual words and sentences by drawing a bounding box around the text on-screen
• Save and sync clipboard text history across all your iOS devices with iCloud
• Text-to-speech support for text extracted from documents & saved clipboard text
• Scan various types of barcode & QR codes
• Import images from Photo Library—highlight and copy text from images that are already stored on your device
• Open images from other apps directly in WRD Scanner Pro using our action extension
• Easily share the extracted text to other apps that are installed on your device
• Support for iOS 13 and iPadOS 13, including native dark mode appearance
• No subscriptions or in-app purchases—one time payment only
• No WiFi or cellular network required
• No account or sign-up necessary
• No ads, ever
Say hello and learn about new developments:
• Twitter: twitter.com/LazyCatApps
• Facebook: facebook.com/LazyCatApps
• Instagram: instagram.com/LazyCatApps
• Email: LazyCatApps@gmail.com
No new features this time, just some small updates to keep the app running smoothly!
• Bug fixes and general improvements
• Updated third-party frameworks
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Incredible tool for text capture
The big question is “what is it for?” Well, I can tell you that I’ve captured full pages of text and small bits of text. I’ve “searched” for words and phrases in text snapshots. I’ve tested it on a variety of printed and hand-written things. WRD does an admirable job on everything, with a few understandable exceptions.
OK, you say, but what is it for? Well, I scanned my juror summons to get all the details in a note. Worked just fine. I scanned my resume to see how that would work. Great! So two uses are capturing text from mailed items, and capturing text from resumés. The important feature of finding and displaying text in highlighted annotations is amazing. You can add a bunch of words to the search field and WRD will highlight them all. For example, I searched for “I we she he us” and this resulted in a display of all the parts of a large page of text that were personal. Cool.
WRD copies text to the clipboard for moving into Wherever.
WRD is amazing for showing key words and phrases in snapshots on an iPhone or iPad, and capturing selected or all the text onto the clipboard. That’s what it is for. How you use it is up to you.
Great tool - simple, does what it says
WRD does simply what it says - finds occurrences of query words in the world. I've used it to find books on my bookshelf, and words on pages of a book. Livescan mode is the way to go - works quickly and highlights every occurrence of the words onscreen. It works for very small text, suboptimal lighting, and wide variety of fonts and color combinations.
Super useful to find specific words in large small print texts.
Had some scientific papers to check in paper format, this app turned out super useful to find quickly specific keywords. Will use it again. Nice job, thanks!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.