Learn to read English words using sight words fun game for pre to 3rd-grade kids
Do your kid needs to know what sight words are? Million Miles Tech brings Sight words which are building blocks for early kids learning to read English. Our app helps your child learn to read with sight words based on the popular Dolch word list for Preschool, Kindergarten, Grade 1, Grade 2, and Grade 3. Dolch sight word flash cards have all words from pre-kindergarten, with words such as a, I, and you, and lasts to Grade 3 with more complicated words as laugh, light, shall, and together.
Dolch sight words are compiled by Edward William Dolce, the sight words list was prepared in 1936, and the list was assembled based on the children’s book of his era which contains 220 words. Although most of the 220 Dolch words are phonetic, children of now and then told that they can't be sounded out using common sound-to-letter hidden phonics patterns and have to be learned by sight, hence was named as a sight word. The list is divided according to the grades in which it was intended that children would memorize these words pre-primer (40words), primer (52words) Grade1 (41 words) Grade 2 (46 words) and Grade 3 (41 words).
The compilation excludes nouns, which comprise a separate 95-word list. Between 50% and 75% of all words used in school books, library books, newspapers, and magazines are a part of the Dolch basic sight word vocabulary.
Sight words sometimes called high-frequency words are words that do not have a simple one-to-one correspondence between sounds and written words, being able to identify sight words is a crucial part of learning how to read. Sight words mastery is an essential step towards reading perfection.
Therefore our game is designed for early age kids to recognize sounds, putting letters together so that children identify the building of different English word and would be able to understand English sentences and read them. Playing our game just for few minutes a day will make a progressive transformation in your kids reading skills.
How to play:
Just click on sound button and play the sight words
1) Simple and easy to understand the game.
2) 2 different modes of spelling game.
3) The child can also listen to sight words to improve his/her learning process while playing. The background can be muted to hear the sounds clearly.
4) The child can play in either 'Play Mode'.
5) Supports all screen sizes.
6) Kids learn to read while having fun!
7) Image and word matching game to build vocabulary
8) Colorful graphics
9) Fun sounds and animations
10) Game gradually becomes more and more challenging in order to keep your child's attention
It's free to play and learn in a fun environment. Please download and give us feedback so that we can improve it more.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Muhammad Jahanzeb
- 70.3 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 7.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Million Miles Tech
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.