Get them all and save with Bundles! Get the entire collection or complete the bundle if you already have one or more instruments! One instrument is FREE!
SWAM Solo Strings has arrived on iOS! The incredibly powerful Physical Modeling technology is now MOBILE. Extreme Expressivity and Realism delivered in a package of only 46 MB
These instruments are NOT sample libraries. Unlike sampling, which uses recordings to replicate the sound of an instrument, physical modeling doesn’t generate a sound as such but creates the conditions for the system to create it according to an external input (like someone playing on a keyboard).
With our SWAM Double Bass for iPad, you now have the unique ability to express yourself with all the emotions and subtleties of a natural string instrument sound as played by a real player, in any style — from classical to film scoring and even microtonal music.
SWAM Double Bass for iPad can be used as a standalone instrument for playing in real-time, or as a plug-in for mobile music production. Play with your favorite external controller or directly from the iPad through our intuitive interface.
With SWAM Double Bass for iPad you can:
- Explore our collection of presets, create your own, or import them from your Desktop
- Play in real-time using the standalone version of the app
- Play with different instrument bodies
- Play in a variety of styles like a real player
Control the instrument’s expressivity in real-time directly through the touch control interface on your iPad including the exclusive virtual bowing touch surface!
- Play and control the instrument’s expressivity in real-time using your favorite external controller (ROLI Seaboard, Akai EWI, breath controllers, regular keyboards, and more)
- Use the included AUv3 plugin version to produce music with a mobile setup
- Use the included AUv3 plugin version in combination with Camelot PRO for live performances
- Adjust every aspect of the instrument’s sound (timbre, vibrato, amount of air, etc.) through an easy-to-use control panel
- Micro-tune the instrument through the Pitch Manager
- Add built-in effects such as Reverb, EQ, and Compressor
- Have access to easy MIDI control configurations
The SWAM Double Bass for iPad is for you if:
- You’re a wind controller player looking for a mobile setup to perform live without needing a computer while still having an incredible sound.
- You’re a keyboard player and feeling frustrated by the limited expressive capabilities normal sample-based plugins give you.
- You’re a music producer looking for a mobile setup to produce music from anywhere without having to carry around expensive gear.
- You’re looking for a virtual instrument that allows you to express the full range of your musicality easily on your iPad.
IMPORTANT: If you choose to play using an external controller, please note that a controller with the ability to continuously control the expression (like an expression pedal, breath controller, MPE device, wind controller, …) is REQUIRED. The same way real players need a bow to express themself on their instrument, SWAM Double Bass needs something to control its expressivity. SWAM instruments do not work with just note-on velocity.
- fixed pitch bend for MPE controllers, added different pitch-bend smoothing frequency for MPE profile
- Improved tuning for single string model
- reduced 1dB mid-Hi frequency
- fixed memory leaks
- fixed MAQAM root
- prevent that double note-on or note-off pass trough (e.g. FIX for EMEO wind controller)
- Improved panic behavior
- All Sound Off and All Notes Off doesn't reset vibrato
Ratings and Reviews
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Audio Modeling Srl
- 46.8 MB
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Audio Modeling Srl
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.