Connect through video with a BIDMC emergency doctor from anywhere in Massachusetts. Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center’s BIDMC OnDemand Virtual Urgent Care brings you easy and timely urgent medical treatment through a secure connection. Get quick, convenient care for non-life threatening conditions from highly experienced staff without leaving your home or spending time in a waiting room.
• Private, secure, and HIPAA-compliant. Your private health information is safe and is not shared with anyone.
• You do not need to be a current Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center patient
• Many insurers now cover Telehealth visits, and if you provide your insurance information, your insurer will be billed for your visit (Patients may be subject to co-pays or co-insurance depending upon plan).
• No medical insurance is required to use the application
BIDMC OnDemand offers:
• Timely consultation on a wide range of common illnesses and minor injuries
• Instant medical treatment plan and follow-up instructions
• Access to some prescriptions when appropriate
• After-hour or weekend consultations when your primary care office is closed
Conditions we treat include:
• Back pain
• Cold symptoms
• Cough / respiratory concern
• Insect bite
• Itchy / irritated eye
• Minor injury / accident
• Nausea / vomiting
• Sinus issues
• Skin condition / rash
• Sore throat
• Sprains and strains
• Urinary issues
BIDMC OnDemand should not be used for medical emergencies. Call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room if you are experiencing:
• Chest pain or pressure
• Uncontrolled bleeding
• Sudden or severe pain
• Coughing / vomiting blood
• Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
• Sudden dizziness, weakness, change in vision, slurred speech, numbness, or other neurological changes
• Severe or persistent vomiting or diarrhea
• Changes in mental status, such as confusion
• Assault, physical or sexual abuse, or child abuse
Many health insurers now cover Telehealth visits, and if you provide your insurance information, your insurer will be billed for your BIDMC OnDemand visit. (Patients may be subject to co-pays or co-insurance depending upon plan). The fee charged for each BIDMC OnDemand Virtual Visit may vary subject to the complexity of the specific visit. If you do not provide verifiable insurance information at the time of your visit, you will be charged an estimated fee of $89.00.
The program is designed for video consultation and treatment of most minor, non-emergent, medical conditions. All participating doctors are board-certified or board-eligible in emergency medicine.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I had the nicest doctor! Using the application saved me half a day! It allowed to to see a doctor, get a diagnosis and prescription phoned in in the time it would take me to drive to the doctors office!
Love the application and will definitely use it again!!!!
Easy to download and use especially for college students who do not have a car to go to the doctors office. Would recommend to many people.
Took care of my rash, which was super helpful! Took all but 15 minutes!
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Inc.
- 48.6 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2020 BIDMC OnDemand
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.