Word Hookup -
Would you like to help letters hookup? In Word Hookup, you gotta hook-up letters so as to make words. Get the latest word game that everyone is playing!
Like the billion word puzzle games in the app store, this game is also about finding the hidden words on the puzzle board. Yet it's sooooo different. This word search puzzler adds another dimension with a path finding requirement to hookup the letters. This changes everything, because now letters are not next to each other and the player really has to map the letters mentally to form the words. Why don’t you watch the app preview to get an idea!
The game has some great features like beautiful background artwork to provide hints to the puzzle theme, changeable key sound effects, earn stars by finding other words etc.
It has a simple beginning, easing you into the game mechanics, but the difficulty level slowly increases as the levels progress. This ensures that the user, once settled into the game's rhythm, maintains interest.
HOW TO PLAY:
- Start from a letter and Swipe up, down, left or right to hookup letters in correct order to make words
- To solve the puzzle, all squares of the board must be covered by the path(s).
- The background provides you a clue to the theme for the puzzle words. A plain background means there is no theme for the puzzle!”
- Earn STARS by Hooking-up other valid words. These words may be of any length and need not be from current theme!
- Every level is solvable, but you can get stuck if one of the paths you made blocks out some squares. Just use the RESET button if you get stuck.
- HINTS are available to help you solve the trickier levels!
- Free to play
- You are solving three fun puzzles - deduce the theme for the puzzle from the background, find the hidden words, connect the letters with a path that covers the entire board!
- Simple, easy rules - swipe and connect!
- No time limit, adjust your pace at any level
- Play offline! No Internet required
- Change sound effects between piano and guitar!
This puzzle game starts easy but starts to get challenging very quickly! Train your brain, and expand your vocabulary, improve your spelling, and have fun with this addictive word game! If you like word games, crosswords, scrambled or jumbled word games, word search or any other type of word game, you will enjoy word hookup.
I am a non-techie mom of 3 kids, and came up with this game while helping my kids with vocabulary. Developing this game has been a family affair, with everyone contributing their bit. My 14yr old daughter created the graphics for the game. I have 10 year old twins who helped me with compiling the word lists, and with testing. Hope you enjoy it as much as we enjoyed making it! Please send us your feedback through our website to the Feedback button in the Settings dialog.
Added a feedback button in the Settings dialog! Your feedback - good or bad is welcome please! And if you are enjoying the game, please consider rating it!
Ratings and Reviews
Superb Word Game - Prepare to be Hooked!
Word games abound the App Store a dime a dozen. What makes Word Hook-up different is the unique gameplay and “restrictions” or challenges.
There are only predefined specific words that one must find and only words that fit the “hook-up” pattern. The background theme serves as a hint 😁!
The game has been created with a lot of thought to aesthetics and design: it is cute and pleasing. Ads exist for free gameplay but they are minimal (please keep it this way).
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for your lovely feedback and appreciating my game. Your positive feedback is very motivating. Also appreciate the additional feedback you have sent through the app. Your suggestions would be very helpful in providing a better user experience. You should see those incorporated in the next update of the app.
Really fun concept, but not well executed
I really like the idea of this game. The problem, though, lies in the execution of this game. I would like to know the criteria for the bonus words in game, because it is frustrating when I have 5/8 words found, when there are more than 8 words able to be made out of the map. It’d be fine if they didn’t accept 3 letter bonus words, but on some levels they do, and on those levels there are 3 or 4 letter words that they don’t count. So it gets frustrating when there are words that you’re finding that aren’t in the bonus count and you can’t find the specific ones that they set out. It just seems arbitrary
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback. Your feedback is helpful for us to improve the game. Please note that 3 letter star words are only accepted in level 1 (Rookie) when the length of words is short. From level 2 (Scout) onwards only 4 or more letters are accepted for star words. You may have missed it, but this message is shown when you start the Scout level. On not all words being available for making star words, we have similar feedback from other users also. We are working on this and should have a fix for this soon. We are also adding the option for getting hints for star words. Thank you for playing our game and your support.
I have enjoyed the game so far, and am currently on the scout levels. There are just 2 things that bother me about this game.
1. When you use hints, it only applies to Final Word answers (the one needed to pass the stage.” However, if I’ve already gotten those words and want hints on the star clues, there is no way to do so. What’s the point in getting hints on words I’ve already guessed??
2. Also, about star words, they seem to be limited to whatever the devs have chosen. On countless levels, I have spelled out legitimate 4-5 letter words, but because it isn’t what the devs had in mind I don’t get any credit for them. This is quite annoying because there are multiple levels I am missing a single word to fully complete, despite having entered valid words but not getting any credit for it.
All in all though, I find this game quite enjoyable. Nice little challenge to kill some time out of the day
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback. It will surely help us to improve the game. #1 We are adding the option for getting hints for star words. #2 On not all words being available for making star words, we have similar feedback from other users also. We are working on this and should have a fix for this soon. Happy to hear that you otherwise are enjoying the game. Thank you for your support.
- Neha Tripathi
- 75.7 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Armenian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019, Neha Goel Tripathi
- In-App Purchases
- No Ads + Unlock all Levels $3.99
- Remove Ads $2.99
- Unlock All Levels $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.