The FloodWalk App uses augmented reality to educate and engage users about flood risk and hazard reduction. This fun app allows you to visualize historic floods, learn about how to reduce your risk, and see what has already been done to make your city safer and more resilient to natural hazards.
LEARN ABOUT RISK
• Flooding is the costliest natural disaster in the United States
• Use augmented reality to experience past flood events and see what future floods could look like
• Toggle between English and Spanish with both on-screen text and audio voiceover narration
RISK REDUCTION IN ACTION
• See the work that has already been completed in the surrounding area to reduce risk and learn about projects planned for the future
• Learn how flood-risk-reduction projects can restore and beautify natural environments while at the same time making your city safer and more accessible
• Enjoy each experience from within the pre-defined locations or from the comfort of your own home
• Take photos inside the augmented reality experience to upload and share with your friends and family
• Connect through linked resources to learn more about the NFIP program and what you can do at home to further reduce your risk
This app was made possible through ongoing support and coordination with the following partners: Resilience Action Partners, The City and County of Denver, Urban Drainage and Flood Control District (UDFCD), The Greenway Foundation, and the Chatfield Reservoir Mitigation Company.
Ratings and Reviews
Great use of Augmented Reality!
Cool app to explore Denver and learn about their history of floods.
It’s great to finally see technology that brings awareness to a present day problem!
- Resilience Action Partners
- 93.7 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Resilience Action Partners
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.