The Chomplr name is taken from sample "Chopping Rompler", inspired by the timeless workflow of creating music using samples to make new works. As of version 1.2.0, you can now import your own samples into Chomplr.
Chomplr brings a new iOS approach to creative sample manipulation. As a standalone module or AUv3 plugin, Chomplr offers quick access to it's robust sample library and an online store is built in. Samples for use within Chomplr are royalty free.
Sample data can be edited and one or more effects added and adjusted in quick and simple fashion. While a wealth of parameters are provided, the true user experience and inspiration comes from slicing, tweaking and editing while playing by ear.
Chomplr installs as an iOS AUv3 plugin instrument, compatible for use within host apps such as Garageband, Beatmaker 3, Cubasis, Audiobus, AUM, iMPC, and more.
• Unique sample chopper for iOS music making
• Includes both standalone and AUv3 (plugin) capability
• Compatible with Garageband, Beatmaker 3, AUM, Audiobus, Cubasis, Nano Studiok, iMPC, and many more hosts
• Stock library of over 150 original, award winning samples by MSXII Sound Design. All royalty free within Chomplr.
• Built-in store with hundreds of samples to preview & purchase
• Stock FX such as Lofi, Echo, Flanger, LP & HP filters, Drive, Reverb & Dirt
• Chromatic sample mode allowing a sample chop to be played across keys
• Sample editing parameters, per chop, such as Start, End, Attack, Release, Tune, Vol, Pan, Loop, and Reverse
• A comprehensive user manual available at: msxaudio.com/pages/iosapps
• Robust roadmap that includes many features to come!
Series of Chomplr videos to get you going: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTD5F5uQpHAvUctTuQyROmMlkKZo9guGj
Info on all MSXII Sound Design Apps: https://www.msxaudio.com/pages/iosapps
Join the user forum for tips/tricks/support: https://www.msxaudio.com/community/chat
Visit us: https://msxaudio.com
Peace, love, & blessings to all. Thank you for checking out Chomplr.
• adding new partner packs section in Chomplr store
Ratings and Reviews
Where’s my In-app purchases! PACKS WORTH THE HASSLE
Bought all in app sound packs. Only 6 show up in my load list. Shows in the App Store that I paid for them. But on the app itself; they are still lit as if I didn’t. $$$!? Other than that dope idea.
After a work around of “rebuying” packs in app- it said they were already purchased- would I like to do so again for free. Repurchased- at no cost and then they showed up in menu.
(UPDATE 2022) Just buy it
Sample import was added and opened up a whole new world in Chomplr. I’m still loving this app. The only other feature that would significantly improve this app would be the ability to save a project state. Unless you’re in a DAW you can’t save all of the in and out points you’ve made to a sample. It would be nice to open up a sample in Chomplr, create all your in and out key points, set your effects and then be able to come back to it later in the same place it was when you left. Any chance of this feature? Still worth more than they’re charging tho.
I’ve been following this company for a while and am nothing but impressed with their aesthetic and attention to detail. This app sounds amazing. What you can do with one short sample by assigning certain sections to keys and tweaking is a game changer. I know the tech has been out for a while but hasn’t been implemented into iOS in this way with such a diverse array of effects. I was pretty disappointed to see that I couldn’t import my own samples though 😕 If that feature gets added then this thing is unlimited in its scope. For now I’ll just tweak what is provided by MSXII and try to make it my own. Anyway if you were on the fence just do it, it’s only $5, what do you have to lose?
It’s Alright ⚠️
Limited Sample Imports
You’d think that Importing Samples would be a basic free feature that would come with this app, its not. It costs $2.99 and it doesn’t even let you import samples longer than 1 minute and 40 seconds.
When you use the app by itself it usually crashes after about 30-40 mins in, but when used as a GarageBand plugin in then its fine.
Theres a weird bug on iPhone, when you open up Key Settings the UI is out of place.
I also tried to delete a imported sample the way the manual said, but the option to delete was greyed out.
I hope they add Midi Learn so I could assign one of the knobs on my Midi keyboard to the data slider or for the effect sliders.
Being able to zoom in on the waveform.
Save Chop Edits
I would like to be able to save the positions of the cuts of a sample within the app. It usually saves that within GarageBand, but I want that within this app alone.
I would like a record button for when I find a groove.
The samples that already come with this app sound incredible. I love the aesthetic of the whole thing. The effects are cool.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- MSXII Sound Design LLC
- 1.4 GB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 MSXII Sound Design, LLC.®
- In-App Purchases
- Pro Feature-Sample Import $2.99
- Synthesized Soul 2 $0.99
- 70's Soul Aesthetcis $1.99
- Strummed Soul Vol.1 $0.99
- Ivory Soul Vol.1 $1.99
- Cassettes & Pedals Vol.1 $1.99
- Trap Melodics v3 $0.99
- Psychedelic Soul Vol. 2 $0.99
- Trap Melodics v1 $0.99
- Lofi Jazz Guitar Vol.1 $0.99