Tonic gives you personalized selection of reads every day. Tonic is a new way to discover the best of the internet without the noise of social media and anxiety of non-stop breaking news.
When you open Tonic, there’s no sign-in and we don’t want your email. Just select a few articles that interest you and we’ll use those inputs to build a daily personalized collection of five things including poetry, art picks and interesting reads. If you want a notification, you can customize the timing to ensure that it works with your schedule. If the daily recommendations are not working for you, simply go to your activity screen and you can mute or adjust your personalization inputs. Want to save a story for later? Bookmark it and read it when you are ready.
OPTIMIZED FOR YOU. Our technology filters from a set of editorially curated sources and publications so that you can discover something new every day. The content that you’ll find in Tonic is delightful, opens your mind, makes you laugh, inspires you, challenges you and leaves you feeling enriched. Editors and machine learning tools are constantly working together to tailor the internet’s hidden gems to your vibe.
REFRESHINGLY SIMPLE. We give you a set number of reads every day so that you can focus your time and attention on finding delight, not feeling lost in an endless feed. Tonic deliberately won’t recommend breaking news or hot takes - the rest of the internet has that covered.
PRIVATE BY DEFAULT. Tonic is built by Canopy, a new personalization architecture for a better internet. We believe that discovering new content shouldn’t mean giving up your email address or information and we’ve built technology that ensures that what you are interested in and what you read remains totally on your phone, where it belongs.
KEEP UP WITH TONIC:
Follow us on Twitter at @Tonic_App
Visit our website: https://canopy.cr/tonic
- We’ve made a bunch of changes to make Tonic easier to use, like making it simpler to navigate the world wide web with our private browser and enlarging your field of view for reading.
- Your interactions with the app should be easier, too, so you can do cool things like swap out articles with a butter-smooth motion.
- We’ve also added a new card that lets you know when new picks will be ready and to make it easier to set notifications.
Ratings and Reviews
Hopefully the future of the internet
Tonic solves two content discovery problems:
1) Personalization data is kept privately on a chip inside your device rather than on Tonic's servers (unlike most other companies) and transmits it in a scrambled form that can't be read by Tonic or anyone else. You get personalized recommendations but don't loose control of your data.
2) They use both machine learning and (importantly) human curators to uncover high quality content that may otherwise be hard to find. The addition of human curation, unlike discovery platforms that are more machine-based, is an attempt to break away from the echo chambers of internet tribalism to present people with ideas they may not have otherwise encountered.
New essential routine - time in Tonic
I love the personalized recommendations that are always things I’d love to read but don’t think I would’ve ever found on my own. I’m definitely learning new, interesting, delightful things with Tonic. The app is super easy to get around and I love that they never ask me to log in or share my personal information. Finally a private internet that we all deserve and it’s smart and full of beauty!
Expand your content horizons with this easy-to-navigate app
Tonic will expand your access to quality digital content in a super approachable way. I’ve only been using it for a few days and it has already optimized my profile for the kind of content that I want to read and has introduced me to my new favorite publications. It’s the go-to for the ultimate curation of content.
- Canopy Crest Corporation
- 38.6 MB
Requires iOS 11.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2018 Canopy Crest Corp.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.