Lagrange synthesizer has two oscillators, a noise generator and two filters that can be selected from various algorithmic models. You can choose from 20 different routings to connect these modules. With this feature, Lagrange makes it possible to create a variety of tones in short steps.
Lagrange works not only on the iPad but also on the iPhone. It also supports Audio Unit Extensions (AUv3), so you can plug in to AUv3 compatible host. For each screen size, different layouts are designed to be easy to use and intuitive.
# Synthesizer Engine
- 2x Oscillators
- Noise Generator
- 2x Filters
- 8x Envelope Generators
- 2x LFOs
* Oscillator Algorithms
- Triangle - Sawtooth
- 3x Sawtooth
- 3x Square
- FM Sawtooth
- Pitched Noise
- FM (4:1 ~ 1:8)
- Plucked String
- Struck String
- Bowed String
- Blown Pipe
- Robot Voice
* Noise Generator Algorithms
- WhiteNoise -> LPF
- WhiteNoise -> BPF
- WhiteNoise -> HPF
- Grain Noise
- Digital Noise
- Pulsing Noise (Click)
- Pulsing Noise (Sand)
* Filter Types
- Comb (+)
- Comb (-)
# Universal App
Compatible with iPad and iPhone, it has multiple screen layouts optimized for different screen sizes.
# Audio Unit Extensions (AUv3)
You can use this AUv3 Plug-In in a host application that supports Audio Unit Extensions (AUv3).
You can stream live audio directly to any Audiobus compatible application. See https://audiob.us for details.
# Ableton Link
It is possible to synchronize tempo and timing not only with applications that support Ableton Link running on the same device but also with applications running on other devices via the local network. In addition to iOS apps, you can also sync with compatible applications on Mac/PC, such as Ableton Live and TRAKTOR. See https://www.ableton.com/link/ for details..
# MIDI Inputs
- Core MIDI, Virtual MIDI, Inter-App Audio MIDI Input
- MIDI Clock Syncronization
- MIDI Controller Mapping
# Programmable Arpeggiator
You can easily create your own pattern.
# Master Tune
You can adjust the pitch of the entire instrument.
You can change the equal temperament tuning scale to a different tuning.
* Added MIDI map range setting with enumerated parameters.
* Added a function to return to the default by double tapping the MIDI map range setting screen.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This synth instantly became one of my top faves! 🥇
I’ll keep it brief and just list the things I love about it:
* Great sound quality and possibilities, very unique sound - unlike any other synth I got. It’s got very organic type of sound that’s very suitable for playing with both hands. Great for pads/ambient sounds as well.
* Very intuitive and pleasant to use UI. All of the controls are easily accessible without going into different pages. (There are 2 of each: OSCs, ENVs and LFOs) I like that as you change the routing possibilities, you can play the onscreen keyboard without it closing. And there are a lot of other little things like that, just feels like a lot of thought and love went into development of this synth.
* Patches are stored alphabetically and you can create your own folders. There’s Save and Save As, so you can create patches quickly, and never worry about getting lost.
* Microtonal tuning allows to tune each note individually! I just tried it briefly, but it’s got so much potential for going one step beyond creating unique sound - a completely unique instrument! Look forward to exploring this further.
I usually list a couple of suggestions in my reviews, but I just don’t have any for this synth... it’s just perfect!
This is the only app I got from this dev so far, but I’m sure I’ll be getting more soon. Thanks for creating this gem!
Worth it !
I had held off on buying an IceGear synth until this one due to having so many music apps. I did almost buy the Laplace synth before this though as it met a synthesis need I didn’t really have on iOS. (Resonator) but Lagrange seems to cover this and most other needs. It sounds great. Recommended if you are trying to have every type of synthesis and new possibilities. Thanks for the work IceGear!!
Best synth on iOS
I own quite a few of the top iPhone synth apps, and this one slays them all for the kind of music I’m into making (lofi and ambient)
The variety of oscillators is on point, and the synth is very easy to edit. Be sure to google “richard yot Lagrange presents” and download his excellent lofi/ambient presets to give you a great starting point to learning this amazing synth!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.