Lagrange synthesizer has two oscillators, a noise generator and two filters that can be selected from various algorithmic models. You can choose from 20 different routings to connect these modules. With this feature, Lagrange makes it possible to create a variety of tones in short steps.
Lagrange works not only on the iPad but also on the iPhone. It also supports Audio Unit Extensions (AUv3), so you can plug in to AUv3 compatible host. For each screen size, different layouts are designed to be easy to use and intuitive.
# Synthesizer Engine
- 2x Oscillators
- Noise Generator
- 2x Filters
- 8x Envelope Generators
- 2x LFOs
* Oscillator Algorithms
- Triangle - Sawtooth
- 3x Sawtooth
- 3x Square
- FM Sawtooth
- Pitched Noise
- FM (4:1 ~ 1:8)
- Plucked String
- Struck String
- Bowed String
- Blown Pipe
- Robot Voice
* Noise Generator Algorithms
- WhiteNoise -> LPF
- WhiteNoise -> BPF
- WhiteNoise -> HPF
- Grain Noise
- Digital Noise
- Pulsing Noise (Click)
- Pulsing Noise (Sand)
* Filter Types
- Comb (+)
- Comb (-)
* Universal App
Optimized for both the iPad and the iPhone.
* Audio Unit Extensions (AUv3)
You can use in a host application that supports Audio Unit such as GarageBand.
* Audiobus support
You can stream live audio directly to other Audiobus-compatible apps. See https://audiob.us for more information.
* Ableton Link
Ableton Link is a new technology that synchronizes beat, phase and tempo of Ableton Live and Link-enabled iOS apps over a wireless network. See https://www.ableton.com/link/ for more information.
- Core MIDI, Virtual MIDI, Inter-App Audio MIDI input
- MIDI Clock synchronization
- MIDI Controller Mapping
* Programmable Arpeggiator
You can easily create your own pattern.
* Master Tune
You can adjust the pitch of the entire instrument.
You can change the equal temperament tuning scale to a different tuning.
* Improved the process of switching UI layouts based on screen size when launched as AUv3.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This synth instantly became one of my top faves! 🥇
I’ll keep it brief and just list the things I love about it:
* Great sound quality and possibilities, very unique sound - unlike any other synth I got. It’s got very organic type of sound that’s very suitable for playing with both hands. Great for pads/ambient sounds as well.
* Very intuitive and pleasant to use UI. All of the controls are easily accessible without going into different pages. (There are 2 of each: OSCs, ENVs and LFOs) I like that as you change the routing possibilities, you can play the onscreen keyboard without it closing. And there are a lot of other little things like that, just feels like a lot of thought and love went into development of this synth.
* Patches are stored alphabetically and you can create your own folders. There’s Save and Save As, so you can create patches quickly, and never worry about getting lost.
* Microtonal tuning allows to tune each note individually! I just tried it briefly, but it’s got so much potential for going one step beyond creating unique sound - a completely unique instrument! Look forward to exploring this further.
I usually list a couple of suggestions in my reviews, but I just don’t have any for this synth... it’s just perfect!
This is the only app I got from this dev so far, but I’m sure I’ll be getting more soon. Thanks for creating this gem!
Worth it !
I had held off on buying an IceGear synth until this one due to having so many music apps. I did almost buy the Laplace synth before this though as it met a synthesis need I didn’t really have on iOS. (Resonator) but Lagrange seems to cover this and most other needs. It sounds great. Recommended if you are trying to have every type of synthesis and new possibilities. Thanks for the work IceGear!!
Great sounding highly recommended synthesizer
I love that you scroll side to side on small screens instead of switching back-and-forth from different pages 👍🏼👍🏼
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.