Build, customize, and expand your own zoo!
The endangered animals of the world need your help! Help the Smithsonian National Zoo BUILD the perfect zoo while CARING for, FEEDING and SAVING the animals. All through the lens of Smithsonian wildlife conservation.
- Join the Young Guardians Initiative – a network of zoo builders teaming up to Fight Global Extinction, Learn to be a Zoologist and Be a Conservation Hero.
- Build and Customize Your Zoo – Be a Zoo Architect and create the perfect zoo and animal habitats. Set up the unique conditions for each animal species to thrive. Then let in visitors so they can learn about your animals.
- Care for the Animals - Be a Zoologist and unlock, adopt and care for the needs of over 58 endangered species. Interact with animals in your own world via Augmented Reality! Feed them the proper foods and photograph their behaviors for study. Earn “Fun Fact Cards” to learn more about each animal species and discover hints for increasing their comfort levels.
- Complete the Quests - Be a Conservation Hero and defend the world against the villains that threaten animal extinction. Take on Story Quests to advance ranks within the Zoo Guardians Initiative. Connect with friends, contribute to World Watch missions and earn rewards that help everyone!
- Save the Animals - Fight Global Extinction by nurturing your animals to peak wellness using techniques you learn from your Smithsonian mentor. Get your endangered animals ready for relocation back into the wild or sanctuary area. Collect rewards for preparing your healthy animals to repopulate the wild!
Celebrate the Zoo Pass! Passholders now exhibit a Zoo Pass badge with their player profile and special animal print display. Check out the Zoo Pass page re-designed to highlight all the amazing Zoo Pass benefits - Animal of the Month, Store Discounts, Building Upgrades, Bonus Calendar & Daily Rewards, and more!
Zoo Staff have been working hard to sweep out those pesky bugs from the zoo. Please reach out - firstname.lastname@example.org - if you still find any creeping around!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Whenever I move things, there is always a black screen in the background and I can’t see where to land
Developer Response ,
Hi! We are so sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing. We just released a new update this past week that addressed many of the glitches, but if you continue to have issues, you can create a ticket at zooguardians.com/support at any time and we'll be more than happy to assist!
Promising but glitches a lot & gems are too hard to get free
The overall premise is neat, but the animals need constant upkeep. This requires you to either go into the app every 10-15 mins to clean & feed, or you need to hire a lot of staff. You can’t assign staff as you really need either, they have a preset pattern of plots they’ll cover which is frustrating because I don’t need them to cover support structures, just animal habitats. I have 10 staff members currently, but after manually assigning them a shift, 7 randomly went into rest mode. This happens a lot and my poor animals are left hungry & in dirty habitats. I’m hoping it doesn’t cause any to get sick. Once you get past the first few animals you need gems to hire experienced staff, buy more land and buy several animals. Gems are very hard to earn, so if you want to progress you have to pay actual money for them. The final frustration is it’s impossible to tell what habitat, and what size/temp an animal needs, until you try and place them. Even then it’s confusing sometimes because the fact card will sometimes say they prefer a certain size habitat or number of companions, but the hint they give you contradicts that. It would also be nice if you could zoom out to see the whole zoo at once, and if when you’re cleaning habitats the app didn’t zoom way in on you.
Developer Response ,
Hi! Thank you so much for your review, as your feedback truly helps us improve the game for others. We have passed on all of these notes to our developers, but if you ever have any additional notes or comments, please feel free to reach out to us any time at zooguardians.com/support!
Updated review 3 stars dropped to 1
DON’T WASTE YOUR MONEY! The app doesn’t load!
UPDATE. The app still isn’t working. Developers have responded to others but not this one. I guess if they can’t update the app then expecting a reply is unrealistic. Don’t waste your money! I just lost $50! If the developers won’t do anything, maybe Apple will.
I do enjoy this game but have 2 complaints.
1-It’s been over 24 hours that the app won’t load. It is stuck at half on the loading screen. I just purchased gems to do upgrades. Please fix this.
2-About the gems, you can’t do much of anything without having gems. However in the two weeks I’ve been playing Zoo Guardians, I have only gained gems by watching ads and once for leveling up. Some animals require 200 gems. I understand that in game purchases are expected to support the developers and the Smithsonian but this is ridiculous. It’s supposed to be good for kids but it’s way too expensive.
Please fix the broken app and reduce the need for gems. I’ll update my review if these issues are resolved.
Developer Response ,
Hi there! We are so sorry to hear that you are having issues with our game and apologize that we missed your initial review, but we would love to make it right! Would you mind submitting a ticket to zooguardians.com/support (via the blue "Create a ticket" button towards the bottom of the page)? Our dev team will be more than happy to restore your missing gems and assist with your load time issues! As a quick FYI, our office is closed until Monday (11/30), but if you submit the ticket, we'll be sure to assist first thing next week. Apologies again, but we truly appreciate your feedback, as it helps us improve the game for others!
- Knowledge Adventure
- 90.3 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 JumpStart Games, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Mini Gem Bundle $1.99
- Small Gem Bundle $4.99
- Medium Gem Bundle $9.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.