British Pathé TV is an award-winning online video streaming service featuring hundreds of full-length documentaries. It is designed for specialist audiences such as history buffs, royal watchers, cinema aficionados and train enthusiasts.
ACCESS HUNDREDS OF HOURS OF CONTENT
British Pathé Originals – Programming made in-house, from vintage releases to brand new docs
History – Political, social and cultural history from ancient times to the 1990s
Military & War – The world at war and military machines of land, sea and air
Railways – Historical overviews, cab rides and locomotive profiles - most never seen on TV
Royalty – Queen Elizabeth II, British and European monarchies past and present
Arts & Culture – Cinema, theatre, literature, music and sport
How To – Instructional videos, vintage and modern, on a host of arts and crafts
British Pathé TV features content from esteemed TV documentarians and DVD producers from around the globe. In addition, we have drawn on our own back catalogue of documentaries, presenting to you the very best releases from our 110 years of factual production. This includes high-profile collaborations with the best in the business, such as our co-productions with the BBC. The service also features original content created specially for British Pathé TV, such as Revolution In Colour.
Subscribe Now. Ts & Cs apply.
To access all features and content you can subscribe to British Pathé TV on a monthly or yearly basis with an auto-renewing subscription right inside the app.* Pricing can vary by region and will be confirmed before purchase in the app. In app subscriptions will automatically renew at the end of their cycle.
* All payments will be paid through your iTunes Account and may be managed under Account Settings after the initial payment. Subscription payments will automatically renew unless deactivated at least 24-hours before the end of the current cycle. Your account will be charged for renewal at least 24-hours prior to the end of the current cycle. Any unused portion of your free trial will be forfeited upon payment. Cancellations are incurred by disabling auto-renewal.
Terms of Service: https://britishpathtv.vhx.tv/tos
- Optimized for iOS 14 support
- Download manager optimizations
- Chromecast iOS 14 usability improvements
- Please ensure you have enabled Local Network permissions in your system settings if you do not see your Chromecast device on the network
Ratings and Reviews
first let’s review the app and service itself:
-responsive, thoughtfully designed, full of every feature you’d want, quality original content, and fast
last: let’s review the business model:
-i’m not sure i’m willing to pay *every month* for what they are asking. if the team finds a way to make the cost more reasonable i can see myself being a long term subscriber.
Great Content Too Expensive
I love the content of British Pathé, but $7.99 is way too expensive for historical content. I'd do $8 for a year, but no way almost $100!
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- British Pathe Limited
- 188.6 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 British Pathe Limited
- In-App Purchases
- British Pathé TV Subscription $7.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.