Clubhouse is a place to listen in on fascinating conversations, talk with the world’s most amazing people, and make new friends from all walks of life. It’s so much more than just social media or audio – everyone can be a creator, all you need is your voice!
* Explore conversations from the hallway. Discover millions of audio rooms, filled with fascinating and unexpected conversations. Search to find conversations on every topic — meditation, crypto, fashion, bluegrass, green energy, movies, breaking news, urban planning, social justice, or communities that somehow combine all of these things into one and then some. Can’t find the perfect topic? Start a room of your own to make new friends who love the same stuff as you!
* Listen in, or share your thoughts. Drop into rooms while you’re commuting, walking your dog, or running in the park. The magic of Clubhouse is witnessing the most unlikely collisions of people. Sit back and listen, or raise your hand if you’d like to talk!
* Talk with your friends. See what your friends are up to from the hallway and meet new people from around the world. Clubhouse is a place where you bump into old friends and make new ones, too!
* Host a room, create and express yourself using just the sound of your voice. Every day, people are telling jokes, reading the morning news, making music together, and sharing deep thoughts. Everyone is a creator with social audio, and the world is waiting to hear from you.
* Build your profile. Clubhouse is about creativity. Personalize your profile photo, change it for a given room topic, or create a perfect bio that brings your authentic self to the world. Curate the Replays and Clubs that exist on your profile.
* Create a club to build a community of your own. Decide on the rules and manage conversations. Open it to the community or create a social club for close friends. High-quality spatial audio makes it feel like you’re in the same room together, whether you’re jamming to music or chatting with a crowd.
* Share great moments. You can jump into live podcast-style conversations or listen later to Replays. At any time, you can create and share Clips of your favorite moments or share great Replays with your friends.
Clubhouse is a place where you can create unforgettable moments with other humans, and leave feeling better than when you arrived. Welcome to our little community, we’re so happy to have you!
Hey there! We're constantly fixing bugs, adding new features and improving the product. For full details, please see the release notes in the app. Thank you!
Ratings and Reviews
Who is Talking?
Let me start by saying that this is, by far, the most excited I’ve been about a new social network since Instagram first entered the ring. But, in my couple days of usage, I’ve began to notice one thing that really stands out as being a bit annoying: lack of speaker indication. When rooms have a healthy amount of people on the stage, you find yourself playing a game of hide & seek as you tediously scroll to find who’s avatar has the ring. So here’s my 2 possible suggestions & wishes:
1) As they already have for “Followed by Speakers”, make a “Moderators” section at the top of the room and a “Stage” section below it. Then make it to where speaker notifications (“___ is speaking” as a drop down notification) are exclusive to when a moderator is speaking. This way, the amount of scrolling to find who is talking would be reduced to on stage participants only. And the audience will be alerted when a moderator is speaking.
2) Decrease the profile sizes of those on stage as the number increases so that more avatars can fit on the screen. That way, when someone is speaking, we can see who it is without scrolling as much.
Poor Design & No Enforcement for Community Guidelines
I was sent a request to join Clubhouse to chat - however, once on the platform, I was left incredibly disappointed by the manner in which the platform is managed. There are no options offered on the platform to either report, block, or suspend users who are using the app to promote abusive or hateful content. Additionally, there is no “fact-checking” mechanism, which signifies that users are free to say whatever for community notoriety. This has led to a rampant spread of misinformation online, such as with a notable American celebrity (who I will not name here) deciding to use their platform to mock survivors of genocide, as well as continue to deny the existence of genocide. It appears quite irresponsible on Clubhouse’s part to continue to host these conversations, as well as remove any ability to contact support within the app or through the website. If one person is able to spew hate speech and lies over this digital platform, then of course there are countless others using Clubhouse for the same exact purpose. Overall, I am leaving the app with a one star review - if zero stars were possible, then I would do that instead. I do not recommend the app. If you want to talk to people, go outside and talk to some real people instead of spending all your time sitting in a digital room. Clubhouse was a huge letdown and a disappointment.
I absolutely love clubhouse, the only thing that I dislike is industry people charging others to speak on a free platform that was built to create the connection between the industry world with individuals who are somewhat already in the industry. I feel like clubhouse needs to keep the app invite only maybe doing 1 invite every two months to stop the app from being over saturated like Facebook or Instagram where anyone can join. I think they need to have someone go into these rooms and make sure all guidelines are being met because most of them are not. This shouldn’t be a popularity app, but a tool to help creative minds link with professionals and network. People should not be charged to enter a public room by people claiming to be professionals. Cashapp’s should not be allowed in profile descriptions on a public platform. And I feel like being that the app was create to be an open form raising of hands should not be disabled. Moderators should just pick who that want on stage but not make someone feel less then by disabling hands.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Alpha Exploration Co.
- 114.3 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2021 Alpha Exploration Co., Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.