The first major battle of the Civil War was fought in Georgia, from September the 18th-20th 1863. The Battle of Chickamauga was the most significant Union defeat in the western theatre and had the second highest number of casualties of any civil war battle, after the Battle of Gettysburg. The army of the Cumberland under Major General William Rosecrans engaged the Confederate Army of Tennessee under General Braxton Bragg.
In early September Rosecrans had forced Bragg's army out of Chattanooga and was following them south. Bragg in an attempt to reoccupy Chattanooga decided to meet a part of Rosecrans army and defeat them, allowing him to move back into the city. On the way north he ran into the Union army.
This game consists of a number of missions, each of which, tackles a key part of the overall battle. The 'Battle of Chickamauga' mission is a refight of the whole battle in a single game. As the total battle was fought over a vast area this final mission is at a different scale than the more detailed individual actions.
‘Chickamauga Battles’ consists of;
● 7 mission ‘Tutorial’ campaign, played as the Union.
● 4 mission ‘Opening Shots’ Campaign. Key events from action on 19th September.
● 4 mission ‘Engagement’ Campaign. More key events from action on 19th September.
● With the exception of the tutorial all missions can be played as either side.
‘In-App‘ purchases are available
● 4 mission ‘Deadlock’ Campaign. Key events from action on 20th September.
● 4 mission ‘Twilight’ Campaign. More key events from action on 20th September.
● A single mission ‘The Battle of Chickamauga’. A large-scale mission to refight the whole battle.
Fix: Often, the game was ending too early in 'The Battle of Chickamauga' scenario.
Change: Improved shooting sound effects.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
- HexWar Games Ltd
- 290.2 MB
Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2020 HexWar Games Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- 'Twilight' Campaign $1.99
- 'Deadlock' Campaign $1.99
- The Battle of Chickamauga $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.