The Toddler App is a fun and educational app, which keeps your baby or toddler perfectly entertained
The design is fully adjusted for the little ones, with alterations to make their experience as best af possible. That means that for you as a parent the app will work slightly different than you expect. After all: you have precise coordination and experience using apps - but they don't.
What can you do in the app?
In the app the little ones can touch different cards with icons of for example animals, after which they will see a clear image of the chosen animal including their typical sounds. This teaches them to create a link between drawings and reality. They will see different images, which keeps it interesting for them to tap the same card multiple times.
What are the adjustments for the little ones?
- Large surfaces to tap, as precise coordination is still in development
- The settings are hidden in a menu that is difficult to access for them
- The app is built to support how they hold a phone, often with both hands and multiple fingers on the touchscreen
- There are no advertisements and no in-app purchases, so they will not be distracted or routed out of the app
- With Guided Access enabled, you can restrict them with the app itself. They will then not be able to accidentally access your contacts, work mail or messaging apps
- Swiping between cardsets is now disabled so toddlers are less likely to accidentally switch between "animals" and "cars" for instance
- An updated app icon and splash screen
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.