The new NHS COVID-19 app is the Official NHS contact tracing app for England and Wales.
It is the fastest way of knowing when you’re at risk from Coronavirus. The quicker you know, the quicker you can alert your loved ones, and your community.
The more of us that use it, the better we can control coronavirus.
The app runs on proven software developed by Apple and Google, designed so that nobody will know who or where you are. And you can delete your data, or the app, at any time.
It has a number of features:
- Trace: Find out when you’ve been near other app users who have tested positive for coronavirus
- Alert: Lets you know the level of coronavirus risk in your postcode district.
- Check-in: Get alerted if you have visited a venue where you may have come into contact with coronavirus, using a simple QR code scanner. No more form filling.
- Symptoms: Check if you have coronavirus symptoms and see if you need to order a test.
- Test: Helps you order a test if you need to.
- Isolate: Keep track of your self-isolation countdown and access relevant advice.
Available in English, Welsh, Bengali, Urdu, Gujarati, Punjabi (Gurmukhi script), Chinese (Simplified), Romanian, Turkish and Arabic (Modern Standard). Additional languages and refinements will follow.
The app has been built in collaboration with some of the most innovative organisations in the world. We have worked with medical experts, privacy groups, at-risk communities and we’ve shared knowledge with the teams working on similar apps in many countries.
Protect your loved ones. Please download the app.
The App is CE marked as a class I medical device in the United Kingdom and developed in compliance with European Commission Directive 93/42/EEC for class I devices.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Works great and is important
Thank you for making this
Notification Not Helpful & Provide No Value
The intent of this app is great, but it provides little end user value.
I’ve received a notification about possible exposure, but it has no information on when or where. If I click the notification, it takes me to the App and then disappears, again with not further information, or even anything in the App reaffirming the notification I just received. What if I clicked it by mistake without reading it fully?
Without any actual information, this app is just yet another failure of the test and trace screen.
I received two notifications which I tapped on and then they immediately disappeared. So I have no idea what they actually said, however, one seemed to say I had been exposed and then the other was a clarification of that exposure. Meanwhile I have no idea what the app is trying to tell me what I should know and do!!
Not at all helpful. Would be nice if the Government could at least get this right.
- Department of Health & Social Care
- 11.3 MB
Requires iOS 13.5 or later. Compatible with iPhone.
English, Arabic, Bengali, Chinese, Gujarati, Polish, Punjabi, Romanian, Somali, Turkish, Urdu, Welsh
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.