Music Info allows you to view information about songs in your library, including play count, skip count, release date, date added, album artist, composer, genre, comments, lyrics, and more.*
"Apple's Music app on macOS surfaces all kinds of information about the songs you're listening to … But for reasons unknown, that isn't the case with the iOS version of Music. But as Apple likes to say, there's an app for that."
Music Info features a clean, modern design that’s simple and efficient to use. When you open the app, if a song is playing in the Music app, its info automatically appears and updates when the song changes. You can also browse your library to select a song and view its metadata. Or get a song’s info directly in the Music app from the share sheet — it’s Music’s missing Get Info button.
● Select a song using Music Recognition powered by Shazam
● Use home screen quick actions to quickly select a song
● Play the selected song in-app
● Tap and hold text to copy information
● Drag and drop artwork into other apps
● Light and dark mode
● Keyboard shortcuts
● Split view multitasking and multiple windows on iPadOS
● Full accessibility support including Dynamic Type, VoiceOver, and Voice Control
How it works
● The Music app, like iTunes before it, saves metadata for each song you have in your library. Music Info reveals this information that otherwise isn’t accessible on iOS and iPadOS.
● All songs in your library can be accessed in the Music Info app, no matter if they were added via Apple Music, purchased, matched, uploaded, or otherwise synced to your device. Songs in Apple Music that haven’t been added to your library cannot be accessed.
● The share sheet action is available when sharing a song in the Music app. Note that only songs that are available on Apple Music can be shared. Music Info will try to look up that song in your library which may require an internet connection. It’s possible it may not be able to find the right song, for example, if you’ve renamed it. If that is the case, you can still use the app to access its information even without an internet connection.
Things to note
● Song metadata cannot be edited on iOS and iPadOS.
● Music Info does not work with any third-party music services.
* All available metadata:
- Album artist
- Release date
- Play count
- Last played
- Disc number
- Skip count
- Date added
-- Minor improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Just what I always wanted!
I have spent decades curating my metadata but could never see it in any other app before, only in iTunes.
I don’t use Apple music only my own mp3 files. It would be great if you could add the ability to edit metadata on the iPhone.
I use another app to rate songs since the Music player buries the star ratings too deep.
You could probably write to that field and others. I’d pay extra for that.
This app is so great! I love that it tells me how many times I’ve listened to a song! I missed having that feature!
Where are the lyrics? Apple Music is very deficient in this. As a former Primephonic subscriber I am very disappointed in this!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Jordan Hipwell
- 1.8 MB
- Requires iOS 13.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.4 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Jordan Hipwell
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.