Aviary is a beautiful Twitter client built with macOS design guidelines in mind. It's simple enough to pick up and use immediately, and powerful enough to tweak it just the way you want. The delightful interface is coupled with extensive features that feel the part on your device, whilst elevating your Twitter experience.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE AVIARY:
Browse Twitter without the distractions of promoted tweets or ads. Use filters to hide tweets containing keywords, users, media, quotes, retweets, tweets above or below certain thresholds, regular expressions, and more. Tweak app icons, tints, gestures, tweet appearances, and much more with the extensive list of settings options.
Quickly view lists, set custom tabs, change accounts, respond to tweets, share content, and more using gestures and context menus. Siri Shortcuts, Share Extensions, iMessage Stickers, and Widgets means that the fun doesn't stop when you leave the app.
- Browse Twitter in chronological order without the distractions of promoted tweets or ads
- Beautiful macOS-centric UI
- Universal app (one-time purchase to get it on iPhone, iPad, Watch, and Mac)
- Widgets to display timeline feeds and latest tweets
- Multiple columns that can be tweaked to display the content that suit your browsing preferences
- Compose tweets with media, GIFs, ASCII character faces, drawings, and more
- Powerful tweet filters (words, hashtags, users, media, quoted content, retweets, tweets above or below certain thresholds, regular expressions, sentiment, and more)
OTHER EXCITING FEATURES:
- Context menus across the app to quickly perform actions
- Hashflags support
- View polls
- View pinned tweets
- List creation and browsing support
- Trends and search support
- Extensive profile actions, including adding private notes to remember details about the respective user
- In-app Instagram media and YouTube playback
- Text and image text translations
- Autoplaying timeline videos
- Push notifications for mentions and replies
- Drag and Drop tweet and media support
- Extensive keyboard shortcuts
- Custom app themes to tweak the app to your liking
- Dark mode and high-contrast backgrounds
- Accessibility labels, dynamic font sizing, and VoiceOver support
- iCloud sync
GET IN TOUCH:
If you have any questions or feedback, please get in touch. Aviary was created by an incredibly small team of one and I'd love to hear your thoughts. I'm available through Twitter @JPEGuin.
- Added the option to switch to single column layout (available via settings and keyboard shortcut)
- Links now always open in Safari
- Inline auto-playing timeline videos now have on-screen playback controls, and the ability to go Picture-in-Picture directly from timelines
- Inline videos in timelines now auto-play by default (can be disabled via settings)
- Added the ability to right-click video previews in tweet details to present the option to save them
- Video player controls are now hidden until tapped
- Dismissing videos in timelines is now smoother
- Filtered tweets are now hidden from timelines completely
- Image count indicators are now blurred for an improved appearance
- Entering the app from an inactive state will now attempt to fetch new tweets and populate the timeline
- Swapped follow status and more actions buttons in profile views to prevent accidental profile actions
- Changed the low contrast background tint
- Changed various icons
- Improved various layouts
- Improved scroll performance
- Improved scroll position retention
- Fixed issue where replying to tweets would offset the reply if translucent navigation bars were disabled
- Fixed issue where tweets with video and quoted video in timelins wouldn’t render both videos at the same time
- Fixed issue where incorrect links would be displayed for tweets at times
- Fixed issue where mentions would always be offset to the top regardless of where you left off
- Fixed issue where videos in timelines wouldn’t display the play icon if auto-play was disabled
- Fixed issue where duplicate tweets would appear in timelines at times
- Fixed issue where media count indicators wouldn’t have a background
- Fixed issue where attempting to translate user bios would crash the app at times
- Fixed various crashes
Please note that Twitter API limitations imposed upon third-party apps can cause timelines to be empty, and some in-app actions to fail to perform at times. If you’re curious about whether an issue you’re facing within the app is due to being rate limited via the API, please get in touch. Aviary was created by an incredibly small team of one and I’d love to hear your thoughts. I’m available through Twitter @JPEGuin. Happy tweeting!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
good and more
1. The language support indicates that the application supports Chinese, but it still does not support it so far. I hope to fix this problem as soon as possible.
2. The tweet translation function is very good. I hope to set the automatic translation of global tweets, or add translation options in the left or right swipe.
3. There is not an intuitive visual feedback when sending a tweet. I don't know whether I sent it successfully or not.
4. When multi-column layout on ipad, every time you open the application, the left column is there, you need to manually slide left, hoping to remember the last layout settings.
5. Regardless of whether it is a picture or a video, it is cropped at the same ratio. I hope to display the original ratio (especially the video). The click logic of the video hopes to refer to the full-screen playback of the official client. The picture uses the waterfall stream or the official client.
6. Poor fluency (compared to the smoothness when using appstore), and sometimes crashes (tweet, pull-down refresh, horizontal and vertical screen (ipad), left swipe left sidebar, etc.)
The Apollo variant of Twitter
I’ve been using Aviary as my main Twitter app for some time now, and I grew to fall in love with it. The UI which reminds me of Apollo is part of the reason why I use it as my main Twitter app the other part is just how fluid and clean the app looks from the app icon to the app itself it shows how much the developer cared about the design of the app and to make it as if Apple created the app itself! While it’s not perfect I do have issue trying to use the app on my Apple Watch Series 3 where it won’t let me log in and they’re still some things I would love to see added in future builds assuming the Twitter API allows it, but at the end of the day I plan on keeping with Aviary for all my Twitter needs and can’t wait to see where it’ll be a year from now!
Developer Response ,
Hey there, thank you for the feedback!
I appreciate you thinking that.
Lots of bugs that are being ignored, while it’s updated daily with new features. I don’t care about features when I can barely use the app.
All of these bugs have existed since the beta, and with countless updates since release none of them have been touched. He cares more about insignificant new features, but rarely fixing bugs. I’ve switched back to my old Twitter app, I can’t take daily updates with no bug fixes.
• Timeline doesn’t remember where I was. I often read the same tweet multiple times because it scrolled back. This bug is SO common I’m shocked it shipped this way.
• Duplicate chunks of tweets a few times: I scroll past a bunch, then the same bunch again. Only seen this once or twice.
• Tweeting at an account I follow doesn’t show a suggestion for that account, rather other random accounts I don’t follow. I have to type the entire user name every single time.
• Can’t long-press any links to copy the URL.
• Tapping a linked tweet “preview” opens details for the tweet of the account I follow, not the tweet that person linked to.
• Undoing a retweet is strangely rather difficult.
PS: we don’t need or want four updates in a day. Focus more time on developing. It’s wasting everyone’s time creating so many builds and not fixing the actual issues.
Developer Response ,
Hey there, thank you for the feedback!
I'm sorry you've been facing these issues. Timeline issues have continued to be improved, and hoping the latest set of updates makes this much more stable. Suggestions for users have also been vastly improved and will now be more contextually aware. I shall take the other points onboard. Regarding frequent updates, I'm really sorry you find that to be the case, but I like to get new content out there as quick as I can (particularly useful if it's bug fixes rather than living with a bug for longer periods of time). Many of my users appreciate the continuous updates and active development.
- Shihab Mehboob
- 14.6 MB
- Social Networking
macOS 10.15 or later. Requires iOS 14.0 and watchOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2020 Shihab Mehboob.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.