Aviary is a beautiful Twitter client built with macOS design guidelines in mind. It's simple enough to pick up and use immediately, and powerful enough to tweak it just the way you want. The delightful interface is coupled with extensive features that feel the part on your device, whilst elevating your Twitter experience.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE AVIARY:
Browse Twitter without the distractions of promoted tweets or ads. Use filters to hide tweets containing keywords, users, media, quotes, retweets, tweets above or below certain thresholds, regular expressions, and more. Tweak app icons, tints, gestures, tweet appearances, and much more with the extensive list of settings options.
Quickly view lists, set custom tabs, change accounts, respond to tweets, share content, and more using gestures and context menus. Siri Shortcuts, Share Extensions, iMessage Stickers, and Widgets means that the fun doesn't stop when you leave the app.
- Browse Twitter in chronological order without the distractions of promoted tweets or ads
- Beautiful macOS-centric UI
- Universal app (one-time purchase to get it on iPhone, iPad, Watch, and Mac)
- Widgets to display timeline feeds and latest tweets
- Multiple columns that can be tweaked to display the content that suit your browsing preferences
- Compose tweets with media, GIFs, ASCII character faces, drawings, and more
- Powerful tweet filters (words, hashtags, users, media, quoted content, retweets, tweets above or below certain thresholds, regular expressions, sentiment, and more)
OTHER EXCITING FEATURES:
- Context menus across the app to quickly perform actions
- Hashflags support
- View polls
- View pinned tweets
- List creation and browsing support
- Trends and search support
- Extensive profile actions, including adding private notes to remember details about the respective user
- In-app Instagram media and YouTube playback
- Text and image text translations
- Autoplaying timeline videos
- Fetch-based push notifications for mentions and replies
- Drag and Drop tweet and media support
- Extensive keyboard shortcuts
- Custom app themes to tweak the app to your liking
- Dark mode and high-contrast backgrounds
- Accessibility labels, dynamic font sizing, and VoiceOver support
- iCloud sync
GET IN TOUCH:
If you have any questions or feedback, please get in touch. Aviary was created by an incredibly small team of one and I'd love to hear your thoughts. I'm available through Twitter @JPEGuin.
- Minor UI changes
- Fixed issue where pulling-to-refresh lists wouldn’t retain the correct timeline position at times
- Fixed issue where setting a swappable column to the trends section wouldn’t display a button to swap the column to another section
- Fixed various crashes
Please note that Twitter API limitations imposed upon third-party apps can cause timelines to be empty, and some in-app actions to fail to perform at times. If you’re curious about whether an issue you’re facing within the app is due to being rate limited via the API, please get in touch. Aviary was created by an incredibly small team of one and I’d love to hear your thoughts. I’m available through Twitter @JPEGuin. Happy tweeting!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Good start but needs help
I think this is a great app from a design perspective. Unfortunately there are too many bugs or things that just don’t work right.
Links often don’t match what they should, and sometimes you can watch the link change in the tweet to something unrelated right before your eyes. Very odd. You may tap a link and get something completely different.
If you share a tweet through iMessage, more often than not the tweet doesn’t actually share, it just sends a blank message.
I can’t figure out how to view the tweet that is being retweeted. Sometimes I can tap on it and it takes me to that tweet, sometimes absolutely nothing happens. Same thing for tweets in the timeline. Sometimes tapping on a tweet takes me to a completely different tweet.
And the thing that is most infuriating, when you open the app, it shows the tweets you were viewing last time, not the newest tweets. On the iPad, tapping the “Feed” tab takes you to the top, but this doesn’t work on the iPhone. You have to tap the top of the screen.
Great idea for an app, but it really doesn’t work as it should. Hopefully over time it will mature. But, this was released before it was ready, leaving us paying customers as beta testers.
The Apollo variant of Twitter
I’ve been using Aviary as my main Twitter app for some time now, and I grew to fall in love with it. The UI which reminds me of Apollo is part of the reason why I use it as my main Twitter app the other part is just how fluid and clean the app looks from the app icon to the app itself it shows how much the developer cared about the design of the app and to make it as if Apple created the app itself! While it’s not perfect I do have issue trying to use the app on my Apple Watch Series 3 where it won’t let me log in and they’re still some things I would love to see added in future builds assuming the Twitter API allows it, but at the end of the day I plan on keeping with Aviary for all my Twitter needs and can’t wait to see where it’ll be a year from now!
Developer Response ,
Hey there, thank you for the feedback!
I appreciate you thinking that.
Nice design, but buggy overall
I purchased this app with hopes of replacing TweetBot but unfortunately failed to replace it.
This app works great while it works but sometimes fails to refresh the timeline (which can be ‘fixed’ by completely restarting the app), spontaneously restarts the in-line video playback in the middle (and sometimes locks up itself in the video preview interface, with no response to the touch, keyboard input), does not sync timeline position with other iOS/macOS devices, displays wrong picture (or link) when the preview is touched in the timeline.
The app does get many bug fixes and features updates (sometimes multiple times a day), but I decided to use the other app while the bugs are polished here.
Developer, please fix critical bugs before implementing more features.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Shihab Mehboob
- 17.3 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 17+ Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Unrestricted Web Access Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2021 Shihab Mehboob.
- In-App Purchases
- Substantial Tip $2.99
- Generous Tip $0.99
- Great Tip $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.