TextDiffer is an elegant and simple app for comparing text and sharing diffs. TextDiffer is great for analyzing, teaching, and sharing.
Use it for more than just code, including copywriting and comparing legal documents.
Choose between a light and dark UI theme, and from an array of code syntax highlighting themes.
Customize your text, including font family, font size, and more.
• Code diffing – see which lines of code have changed in a unified diff format
• JSON diffing – compare JSON without considering the reordering of properties as a diff
• Comparing word documents – compare word documents like stories or legal contracts so you can track important changes.
• Working faster – You and your team can quickly glance at what's changed instead of re-reading everything.
• Share diffs – share diffs as patches, rich text, and Markdown in email and chat apps that support it
• Teaching – show your students the code changes you’ve made so they can understand better by seeing incremental changes
• Markdown formatting improvements to support multi-line documents better
• Fixed an error dialog regarding the touch bar
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Developer Response ,
Hello Oscar, I would love some feedback about what you didn't like to see how we can improve the app. Did you encounter a bug? Please feel free to reach out to email@example.com for support and suggestions. Thanks!
Beautiful UI, but...
Beautiful UI, but glaring omisions. Doesn't support dragging two text files onto the icon to invoke a diff. Doesn't even have a File Open option in the menu. Is my only option to open two files in a different editor every time I want to see differences and then manually copy/paste theie contents into each of the two panes in this app? Seriously? That wastes my time. And I can find no other way in the UI to accomplish opening files. Then I have to scroll around to find your Perform Diff button. That's the sole purpose of your app and I have to press a button to make it do its thing? Why not automatic? Again more wasting of my time. I do regret my $9 purchase but I have faith that this will improve with time and I'd be delighted to change my review if even just the icon drag/drop feature was added. At the end of the day I just need a good and fast diffing utility.
Does text diffing perfectly and is pleasant to use
I'm a developer, and I've been using this every few days to diff code. This app does its job well, runs smoothly, and is so well designed and beautiful.
I also like that it can diff and format JSON, and can syntactically color code in different languages. The customization for fonts and theme colors lets me create really clear screenshots to share with people too. Thanks!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Christina Holly
- 87.3 MB
- Requires macOS 10.10.0 or later.
English, Amharic, Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Tinacious Design
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.