SafeWA is a free digital COVID-19 contact register system.
The system, developed by WA Health is a secure and convenient way for venue operators and patrons to easily register their attendance at relevant venues. Through a unique venue QR code, SafeWA supports efficient COVID-19 contact tracing, should it be necessary, by providing a digital register of contact details for patrons attending venues.
The digital register was developed exclusively for WA Health and is provided at no cost to WA venue operators or the public, as part of mandatory requirements to maintain a contact register, and is an extra precautionary measure in line with COVID safe principles.
Key features include:
· Venue operators may register for a unique QR code or multiple codes for multi-function venues.
· Patrons can scan venue QR codes to register their attendance at the venue (name, contact telephone number, optional email, date and log-in time).
· Attendance data is recorded solely for the purposes of contact tracing, should it be required by WA Health.
· Data is encrypted at the point of capture.
· Records are stored securely for a maximum of 28 days.
· Records are only accessible to authorised WA Health contact tracing personnel should a positive COVID-19 case be identified.
· Permissions to use device camera.
SafeWA is the digital venue check-in technology endorsed by WA Health.
- Bug fixes & general improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Doesn’t support international numbers
I managed to break the app entering an international number. All I get is a grey screen, I tried deleting and reinstalling the app, and restarting my phone but it’s still just showing a grey screen.
I do not have an Australian number, and I am not going to get one just to use this app.
Update 29/12: Over a week later and app is still broken. Have not been logging entries very diligently due to this. Hope there is no outbreak in WA, won’t be safe!
I used this app every time I visited a venue. On the 31st of January 2021 there was a known covid case, and I had checked in to one of the venues listed at the listed time of this infected person. It has now been 24 hours since this information has come to light, but I have not yet been contacted or notified by SafeWA. It makes you think, whats the point of this app if they don’t notify anyone?!
Yes, my phone number and email are set correctly.
Constantly logging me out
The app is fine when it stays open, but lately every time I open it I’m required to re-login. It seems to defeat the point of a quick “check-in” so I end up just doing the paper option most of the time.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Metropolitan Health Service Department of Heath
- 67.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 WA Health
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.