Say the name of a shortcut to run it without invoking Siri. Private by default; Speech Utility uses on-device speech recognition exclusively so your voice never leaves your Mac.
- Use an * in the name of a shortcut to have that part of the name sent as input. For example, a shortcut named "Switch to * mode" will pass the word dark as input if you say "Switch to dark mode".
- Use the characters [*] together to have that part of your speech ignored. For example, a shortcut name "[*] switch to * mode [*]" will ignore "can you" and "please" if you say "Can you switch to dark mode please"
- Run multiple shortcuts in succession by saying the keyword "then".
- Pause Speech Utility by saying the key phrases "hold on" or "standby".
- Resume Speech Utility by saying the key phrase "I'm back".
- Name a shortcut * to capture all unrecognized commands.
- Speech Utility is now marked as a background app so that it doesn't claim focus away from other apps.
Ratings and Reviews
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Robert McGee
- 361.1 KB
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Robert McGee
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.