**Try for free for 30 days, no sign-up required**
Available to purchase in-app for a one-off cost – no subscription.
The first choice of millions of creative professionals around the world, the award-winning Affinity Photo set a new standard for quality and value in the world of image editing.
The ultra-powerful Affinity Photo 2 takes the experience to a whole new level, thanks to the addition of incredible new features, hundreds of enhancements, and a completely redesigned UI for an improved workflow.
REFINED & REDESIGNED WITH POWERFUL NEW FEATURES
• Fully redeveloped UI, tool, and button icons
• Completely revamped Layers Panel
• Non-destructive RAW develop
• Luminosity, hue range and band pass live masks
• Compound masks
• Non-destructive Live Mesh Warp filter
• Smart layer states to experiment with design options and versions
• Drag / drop bitmap texture fills
• JPEG XL file import and export
• Force scale everything
• Multiple shadow, outline and overlay layer effects per object
• Massive image support (100+ Megapixels)
• Pan and zoom at maximum refresh rate, with ProMotion support on latest Apple displays
• Open, edit and save Photoshop® PSD files
• RGB, CMYK, Greyscale and LAB color spaces
• Full 16-bit and linear unbounded 32-bit per channel editing
• Work with all standard formats like PNG, TIFF, JPG, JPEG XL, GIF, SVG, EPS, EXR, HDR and PDF
• Full support for unlimited layers, layer groups, adjustment layers, filter layers and masks
• Edit live filters, adjustments, effects, blend modes and masks non-destructively
• Savable undo history
• Record and play macros
• Isolate, edit, and duplicate spare channels with a simple click
• Savable workspace presets for multiple UI layouts
• PDF passthrough, import, edit and export
• Link layers to edit simultaneously
PROFESSIONAL IMAGE PROCESSING
• Open RAW and other images in a 16-bit development workspace
• Adjust exposure, blackpoint, clarity, vibrance, white balance, shadows, highlights and more
• Advanced lens corrections including chromatic aberration, defringe, vignette, noise reduction
• Paint areas or use fully customizable gradients to mask adjustments
• View histograms, blown highlights, shadows and tones as well as detailed EXIF information
• Focus Merge, HDR Merge and Tone mapping for advanced image processing
QUALITY RETOUCHING & CORRECTION TOOLS
• Intuitive selection brush makes selections simple, even down to strands of hair
• Dodge, burn, clone, patch, blemish, red eye and advanced inpainting for retouching
• Smooth and retouch skin with built-in frequency separation
• Dedicated Liquify persona and non-destructive filter version gives freehand control over warps, twirls, pinch, punch, and turbulence
ADVANCED BRUSH ENGINE
• Huge library of painting, drawing, textures, and professional DAUB® Brushes included
• Create custom brushes and nozzles with full control over advanced dynamics
• Combine multiple brushes together and paint in a single stroke
• Full support for Wacom and other graphics tablets, including pressure, tilt, and shortcut buttons
• Real-time preview of your brush nozzle
FAST, CUSTOMIZABLE EFFECTS
• Massive collection of effects available, including blurs, distortions, tilt-shift, shadows, glows, lighting, and many more
• Apply effects non-destructively with live effect layers
• Path text capabilities
• Add and edit pattern layers non-destructively
• Add and edit pattern layers non-destructively
- Develop Persona: Enabling White Balance on non RAW files crashes Affinity Photo.
- Fixed: "Register your licence" prompt appearing on every run up
- App crash upon startup caused by a deleted "Recently Used" file on Catalina
- Fix gradual slow down after changing tools many times.
- ‘Help’->’Visit Support Forums’ menu item goes to the forums again
- Fix for non-primary Persona menus having broken ‘Help’->’Tutorials’ links.
- Some image resources are being replaced by others from the same document when copy/paste was originally used to insert them.
- Tint value in CR3 files very different between since 1.10.x
- Fixed non-ASCII characters not being accepted in license usernames
- Fix New Document sometimes showing Letter* instead of A4
- Improved timezone handling in Metadata panel
- Colour space selection not correctly represented in curves adjustments.
- Saving files may reduce file size in some circumstances
- Editing an embedded PDF does not create a History step, meaning changes are lost when closing as no save prompt is shown
- Assorted stability fixes
- Help and Localisation updates.
- Assorted other Licensing and Registration improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent Tools, plus a Lesson from Shareware
Affinity Photo provides excellent useful tools for editing images. AP also works through personas in Affinity Publisher and Affinity Designer.
Affinity creates totally cool and affordable professional quality software. I run Affinity products on a 2016 MacBook Pro.
We cannot expect Affinity to do free upgrades forever. Learn from old school shareware.
Shareware became real when the Mac—then called Macintosh—was new and new-ish, around 1984 to 1994 or so.
GraphicConverter—not a competitor to Affinity Photo—made publishing much easier by providing individual and batch conversion tools for scores of graphic formats, including the mostly useless Windows bitmap. Those of us working in publishing benefited hugely from GraphicConverter.
The original license was pay once for a lifetime—cute but not sustainable.
Keeping that license model would kill the software after the developer starved while coding.
Several of us contacted the developer by email and encouraged continued development while charging for major upgrades. So every now and then for the past 30 years we pay for upgrades. Whatever. Let the developer live.
What about Affinity 2?
Affinity saves us from obnoxious business models while providing the tools we need for professional-quality designing and publishing—both online and print. Let Affinity developers live.
I am disappointed taht the first few comments are from people upset they have to purchase version 2. Your version 1 works fine, and has been around for MANY years (8 for designer, 7 for Photo, and 3 for Publisher). For the amount of monry you spent, probably a MONTH on the Adobe Suite Subscription, you got a deal. What are you all thinking, that developers should slave for the rest of their lives updating your apps for you and get nothing in return? They have families to feed, etc. I am SURE that if you purchased it recently (as in the last few months) they would accomodate you with a discount - have you tried? But that said, with a Universdal license for ALL THREE tools on 3 platforms (Mac, iPad, Windows) for $100, that's a steal!
I'm not saying Affinity Photo's decision is wrong. I've seen numerous app developers switch to a subscription-based model. But when I think their transformation makes sense, it's usually because they really add major update to the app. In a word, they are developing XXX2, not renaming XXX1 to XXX2.
For now, there is not much a difference between affinity photo 1 and 2. Affinity Photo 2 still does not address any one of the major concern, such as an Adobe Brydge CC compartment. And you guys should really give a major discount for anyone who bought affinityphoto one before. I'd say $20 for update from affinityphoto 1.
BTW, I've seen someone saying that developers need to feed their family. OK, here is my thought on this. I totally agree that developers switch to a subscription based model, but a subscription based model can work in many ways. My suggestion is to do something like this:
Each year, you give AffinityPhoto a major update, and anyone who bought this app can enjoy update for the next 12-14month. After that, they can still get fix and maintenance update, but not new functions.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Serif (Europe) Ltd.
- 910.8 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Serif (Europe) Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Affinity V2 Universal License $169.99
- Affinity Photo 2 $69.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.