Switch keyboard languages with ease! Switcheroo is a menubar app that shows your input sources with colorful flags or custom icons of your choosing! Use the menu to switch, add, or remove input sources with just a few clicks. It’s the perfect app for polyglots and vexillologists alike.
• Customizable icons for your current input source (i.e., keyboard language) improves the recognizability and accessibility of the Input menu.
• Choose from flags, emoji, common symbols, or default icons — or select any image from your computer!
• Change inputs from the menu, or supercharge your workflow by setting customizable keyboard shortcuts (hotkeys).
• Activate special inputs like the emoji picker and keyboard viewer right from the menu or via hotkeys. Switcheroo is a full drop-in replacement for the system Inputs menu!
• Automate your input sources using Shortcuts.
If you find any languages or icons missing, please contact me at email@example.com or @aoverholtzer on Twitter!
Miss the old, smaller flag icons? They’re now available as an icon option in Edit.
Added support for shortcuts using Eisu (英数) and Kana (かな) keys on JIS Japanese keyboards.
Added Korean localization.
Ratings and Reviews
very happy to have the language flags restored to my menu bar. also grateful for prompt and cheerful help from the developer on two occasions. first he identified why i wasn't getting the app to show in my menu bar after installation -- and maybe this will help someone else: the trick was with the notch in the M1 macbookpro menu bar, if you have lots of menu bar apps, any overflow gets hidden. then he also added a way to enable Show Keyboard Viewer, which a previous reviewer had pointed out was missing. i did first try the competing app, and agree with other reviewers that this one is more flexible.
Great replacement for functionality Apple Took Away
Apple took away the flag icons for no good reason. Even if they wanted to provide an alternative, make it an option. This undoes the damage done and gives you even more options than Apple ever did.
It's great to be able to remove one of life's little annoyances with a very modest investment. And the developer is not only very responsive, but also continues to make improvements.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Overdesigned, LLC
- 1.9 MB
- Requires macOS 12.3 or later.
English, French, German, Japanese, Korean
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2022 Overdesigned, LLC. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.