Birdie is a golf scoring application, made with golfers' needs in mind.
Besides the ease of use and enhanced speed (compared to traditional score cards), Birdie provides many enhanced features like the fully automated calculation of score card results. In addition to counting each player's strokes during a game, Birdie also automatically calculates the game's results according to different rules including "Stroke Play", "Stableford" and "WHS".
* No hidden costs or annual fees for course data! *
There are no annual fees for accessing our course database. Our database contains data for tens of thousands golf courses around the world and Birdie grants access to all of this data without any hidden costs or annual fees!
Birdie also doesn't contain any ad banners or similar annoyances.
- Access to data of more than 35,000 courses world wide.
- Count up to four players per flight.
- Analytic Rounds: This mode allows you to enter extensive data for each and every stroke during a practice round, including used club, (GPS-) stroke distance, type of approach (chip, pitch, etc.) and more. The results are displayed in an enhanced score card with extended statistics of your round performance. (optional feature, available as In App Purchase)
- Track your strokes, putts, fairway hits, drive lengths and more.
- Automatic calculation of each players course handicap.
- Automatic player statistics.
- GPS Range finder *)
- Send game results by e-mail as HTML scorecards or as CSV files.
- Reading Glasses: Tap and hold one of the counter switches during a round to magnify the most important values for easy reading without reading glasses.
*) if GPS data is available (use our Online Course Editor to easily add missing data)
- Fixed an issue with player handicap between 0 and -1
- Fixed an issue with updating courses
Ratings and Reviews
best of the golf scoring apps
This isn't really a five-star app, but I'm trying to counteract the idiots that reviewed the app without using it. Some of them apparently didn't understand that this isn't a game.
It's a solid little golf-scoring app. I've paid for and tried two others in the $20 price range, and one didn't keep score for everyone in my foursome, and the other crashed so frequently as to render it useless.
I wish I could enter golf courses on the phone and not have them subject to review. I find the web site "course editor" a little cumbersome. I also wish that you weren't restricted to a half dozen tee colors.
I also wish there was an alternative score card with less data displayed and oriented in the traditional horizontal manner.
I don't understand the complaints about price. Yes, I'd be excited if there was a good free app, but It was worth $20 to me. I paid hundreds for the phone, a thousand a year in cell service, plus the cost of my golf clubs and greens fees. $20 for a convenience in keeping score is pretty negligible compared to all that.
If you're looking for a decent golf scoring app, this seems to be the one.
Best Golf Scoring App 4 Me (I tried them all)
Because none of the reviews made sense and listed the pros & cons of the different app's, I bought them all. This one is perfect for my need as I am not that interested in detailed statistics, but want to keep track of the stableford points and/or the skins and I usually keep scores for the whole flight . My brother, is more interested in detailed personal statistics so he bought TeeShot (based on my recommendation and) and is happy with it. Adding new courses in Birdie is easy enough through their on-lie course editor (this feature is better in TeeShot, but TeeShot does not support the metric system). Sending the scorecard via email works brilliantly and is appreciated by your fellow golfers (provided their round went well). In summary, Birdie is well worth its price, its is quick and easy to use and frees up more time to concentrate on the game. TeeShot is good if you want personal data, but easily makes you a very boring companion on the course. All the other apps are well behind these two.
Bought a few scoring apps and ended up using Birdie the most. An update that started at par instead of zero on each hole was welcome. For all you lazy whiners that your course is not listed, like me, just add it so everyone will benefit.
This works better fir foursomes, unlike other apps that are geared for single player scoring. Love emailing everyone's score after the round.
Yes the online course tool to enter unknown courses takes some time and could be better, but it's not riddled with flash and just works.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Eberhard Rensch
- 60.4 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2008-20 Pleasant Software
- In-App Purchases
- Analytic Round Mode $4.99