Great for hikers, photographers, astronomers, pilots, sailors, ham radio operators, or for anyone that wants more information than a basic weather app.
• Astronomical, Nautical, and Civil sunlight times. Golden Hour. Hours/Minutes of daylight. Minutes and Seconds of daylight gained/lost each day. Times calculated for any date.
• Moon Phase along with detailed moon phase information, including find a moon phase for any date since January 6, 1900.
• Maidenhead coordinates for ham radio operators.
• Military Time Zones.
• what3words address system.
• Clock optionally displays to tenths of seconds.
• Pressure, Density Altitudes, and Ceiling information.
• Maps view of the nearest weather station and its data including the METAR.
• Day and night user selectable text colors. Makes a great night stand clock! Select from a palette of millions of colors.
• Barometric pressure indicator.
• Julian date options (JD, JDN, MJD, RJD).
• Background sky condition photographs change to closely approximate the actual sky conditions in your vicinity.
• Current weather station information used for your location includes: Feels Like, Wind Chill, or Heat Index temperatures. A high resolution of current weather conditions includes: wind gusts, wind variability, and visibilities as low as less than 50 feet in some cases.
• Copyable current location coordinates so that they may be pasted into other apps.
• Select Day/Night Text colors from a palette of millions of colors.
• Many other preference settings allow you to customize the format of the display including metric system, 24-hour time, Degrees-Minutes-Seconds, Degrees-Minutes.M, WGS 84, Maidenhead, or what3words coordinate systems, Fahrenheit, Celsius, or both, tenths of degrees, aviation weather formats, disable auto-lock (prevents the screen from sleeping), and more.
• Accessibility text bolding support for the main view and larger text support for the detail views and settings views.
• Languages: English, Spanish, and German. Some translations for Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, and Swedish.
** DISCLAIMER **
High density altitude adversely impacts aircraft performance. Data from this app should not be the sole source of this information.
DO NOT USE FOR FLIGHT PLANNING PURPOSES.
• Fixed detail views closing too quickly with just small view drags.
• Other bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Are use this app a lot. It has a wealth of data that is not usually available on Weather apps and things of that nature. It is very stable and that means a lot to me. I believe that you may be well advised to consider it.
4.1.5 works great
Best quick weather app in the store. Nearby airport weather in a simple easy to use interface. Makes taking screenshots of the local weather easy
The Moon Phase goes back only to the year 2000, not 1900
I tried to look at my birthdate for the moon phase, and when I changed the year, it immediately changed it to the year 2000. All years previous to 2000 are grayed; obviously meaning there’s no information for them.
Developer Response ,
Moon phase dates are available from January 6, 2000 forward, as noted in the app description. We will look at the calculation to see if we can go back further.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Split Rail, Inc.
- 15.3 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
English, German, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- © 2008 - 2021 Split Rail, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.