Connect with friends, family and people who share the same interests as you. Communicate privately, watch your favorite content, buy and sell items or just spend time with your community. On Facebook, keeping up with the people who matter most is easy. Discover, enjoy and do more together.
Stay up to date with your loved ones:
• Share what's on your mind, announce major life events through posts and celebrate the everyday moments with Stories.
• Express yourself through your profile and posts, watch, react, interact and stay in touch with your friends, throughout
Connect with people who share your interests with Groups:
• With tens of millions of groups, you'll find something for all your interests and discover more groups relevant to you.
• Use the Groups tab as a hub to quickly access all your groups content. Find relevant groups based on your interests with the new discovery tool and recommendations.
Become more involved with your community:
• Discover events happening near you, businesses to support, local groups and activities to be part of.
• Check out local recommendations from your friends, then coordinate with them and make plans to get together.
• Raise funds for a cause that’s important to you, mentor someone who wants help achieving their goals and, in the event of a local crisis, connect with other people to find or give supplies, food or shelter.
Enjoy entertainment together with Watch:
• Discover all kinds of content from original shows to creators to trending videos in topics like beauty, sports, and entertainment.
• Join conversations, share with others, interact with viewers and creators and watch together like never before.
Buy and sell with Marketplace:
• Whether it's an everyday or one-of-a-kind item, you can discover everything from household items to your next car or apartment on Marketplace.
• List your own item for sale and conveniently communicate with buyers and sellers through Messenger
Read our Data Use Policy, Terms and other important info in the legal section of our App Store description.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Facebook doesn't run GPS in the background unless you give us permission by turning on optional features that require this.
We update the app regularly so we can make it better for you. Get the latest version for all of the available Facebook features. This version includes several bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
New update causing newsfeed to freeze
Didn’t have this problem until yesterday when the new update kicked in. Everything else works fine, notifications, clicking through group posts and whatnot. But as soon as I go to news feed before or after doing other things on the app it just freezes. I’ve reset the app, I’ve reset my phone, I’ve cleared all of Facebook’s caches, and I’m going to try uninstalling and reinstalling next.
On another note, I was reminded after seeing someone else’s review about the group notifications as well. It’s rather annoying that Group notifications for new posts and what not see to be randomized. Sometimes I won’t get the notification for a new post, but suddenly I get one of a post that was posted hours or even days ago. The most annoying part about is when you go to the group and try to look at recent member posts, they’re randomized too, there doesn’t seem to be a way to set it to most recently posted, I don’t know what it’s set to but it’s not even most liked or most commented, it’s absolutely random and that boggles my mind.
The mutating app that breaks itself.
There is an almost schizoid approach to the interface design, wherein FB keeps switching where things are located, adding or removing features as they see fit.! Don’t get too comfortable or familiar, because things will change. This being said, it sometimes feels like an arms race and ongoing cold war between the company and the user, whereby content is increasingly being intruded by an incessant need for the user to react rather than passively enjoy communicating and sharing things without an overbearing app presence. Further, settings and user controls are deeply buried, making it very difficult to opt out of data tracking or minimizing your online presence, away from data hungry companies which should require a transparent opt in process instead.
The worst part of the experience is usually video related, whether it is the terrible interface itself, or the annoying funneling of design, making it difficult to track through a video or to ignore overlays for comments and emotes over live and recorded content. On top of that are the bugs which plague this latest version with its frequent crashes.
I used to enjoy the simplicity of this app, but the more unwanted features they continue to cram in, the more bloated and annoying it has become.
If there was a Zero star review option I would pick
Thank you facebook, disabling my account for no reason at the worst time possible and it is not just facebook thanks to facebook I cannot login to instagram either since they were connected. It has been many days since I sent my ID picture and you guys don't give me my account back, you have thousands of workers yet take forever to review one account!. I don’t care about facebook itself I care about my mistake of using facebook since I had many other accounts such as gaming accounts connection to it and now I lost out in special events for COD Mobile. Yet I also cannot communicate with many friends thanks to faulty disablement, just because I have no pictures of me doesn't mean its a fake account it just means that the main use I get from it is messaging friends but thanks to you guys its gone and I will never use Facebook again if I don't get my account back, im sure you guys could care less since I am a no one to you guys just another person in the list of faulty disablement because someone else has the same name as me and flagged me for no reason just narcissism views because they believe that they are unique that only they can have the name . I DONT EVEN HAVE PICTURES TO PRETEND IM SOMEONE ELSE WHY WOULD YOU TAKE MY ACCOUNT!!!!
- Facebook, Inc.
- 432.7 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
English, Arabic, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Facebook, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Supporter $4.99
- Supporter $4.99
- Supporter $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.