mTip is a nice and easy but fully-featured tip calculator and smart bill splitter.
Splitting evenly the bill between several persons is sometimes just not enough. When someone takes an expensive drink and another skips a delicious but expensive dessert, you need more than just an even split. mTip provides a simple and attractive answer to make everybody happy without the need to ask for separate checks.
- Smart splitting between guests.
- Gets the job done with a minimum of interaction.
- Three predefined and configurable levels of tips.
- Change the grand total, and the tip is recalculated.
- Change the guests' total, and the tip is recalculated.
- One touch to round up or down any value, including guests' total.
- One touch to quickly increment or decrement on any value.
- Smart keyboard changing on the fly the keys visibility to show only keys you need.
- The tip is calculated before tax,
- International currency support.
- Fix a crash, and NaN values.
- Add "Getting Started" tutorial
- Update French localizations
Ratings and Reviews
Hooray! It’s back.
I was so sad when I started getting messages that the app wouldn’t work with iOS 11. I tried 2-3 other tip calculators but really didn’t like any of them. So happy the iOS 11 version is here. Love the app.
Can set tax rate and number of diners. Interface isn’t beautiful, but it’s functional.
Straightforward to use
I've tried several of the tip calculators. Some are nicer to look at, but none is easer to use than this one, at least for me. Once it's set up for preferred tip levels and sales tax, it only requires one entry - the bill total, where the cursor will be when you open the app if that was where it was when you closed it - and it all falls out instantly and automatically. There is no need even to hit a return key. I like the embedded keyboard and the fact that the keys are silent when tapped. Don't forget that you can turn your device sideways and find a screen that lets you adjust the bill for individuals who may have had more or less than others. In other words, you can split the bill evenly among individuals or make adjustments if you wish, a feature which is somewhat uncommon among the available tip calculators. The latest updates have improved the appearance and provided a font option, which are nice additions. This is the one I've kept.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.