FStream is as little webradio player.
FStream recognize this audio formats :
- OGG / Vorbis
- WMA over MMS
- AAC / AAC+
And this playlist formats :
iOS 11 compatibility.
This version includes big bunch of code rewrite, so it's possible there are still some bugs. Please contact me if you see problems, I will fix them as quick as possible.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Works fine in my iPhone 3GS. Been using this app for two years. I've added many streaming URLs into my list and I'd like to be able to sort into folders but at least I can reorder them. I've used the record feature once only but never had an issue like another user reported. Would be five star review if I could put different streams into folders. If you're having trouble getting it to work, make sure the URL will work elsewhere (try safari or another app) before blaming this app. I've had the odd trouble but it's because the URL was wrong.
Plays in the background! Customizable to allow/disallow playback over cellular!
I'm running this on my iPhone 4 with IOS 4.2.1. This app is awesome! Exactly what I was looking for!
1) Understands pretty much all formats of streams used on Internet Radio
2) Allows you to decide whether to allow or to not allow playback over cellular network. Very useful as my wife sometimes forgets to shut the radio off before taking the phone from the dock and putting it in her pocket. So I just changed "More->Cellular Network = OFF" and that's it - the radio shuts off automatically when she is no longer within the reach of our home WiFi. At the same time, we can still play it even over cellular network if we need to (say, the kids are getting fussy and want to listed to a story, etc) - in that case we make a conscious step to enable cellular playback and keep track of time to avoid AT&T surcharges (we are on 2GB/month plan).
3) Playback continue in the background! I can turn my favorite Internet Radio on and then go on with my life of reading and replying to emails, viewing presentations, etc etc.
1) No way to customize the home screen - can't change the background, skin, or anytthing like that.
Great radio app, but could use a couple of features...
Don't get me wrong, I really, really like FStream. It's put together well, and most everything about it makes sense. There are, however, a couple of changes I would make to the software in order to improve it for that 5th star -
1) Add the ability to import and export radio stations as either a standard text document or XML format data.
2) Create a desktop-side program that links up to FStream, in order to do file management for recordings and station management. It can even be a JAVA, Flash, or Silverlight based webapp that runs inside the browser.
3) Add nesting for radio station genres, similar to what iTunes does with it's radio stations.
Otherwise, I've enjoyed this app for a while now and I love the fact that I can be in the car and listening to a friend of mine's internet radio station wherever I have 3G service (my wife and I have a Verizon 3G router, which is useful on long trips).
Updated - so the new version works fine on iPhone 4 but not so much for the first gen iPod Touch thanks to the iOS 4 limitation. However, there's NOTHING in this app that needs iOS 4. recompile it with iOS 3.x compatibility and I'll give the stars back. Oh, and you can add iOS 4 features without breaking compatibility with iOS 3 and even iOS 2 (but why on earth would you still run iOS 2?)
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.