READ ANYTIME, ANYWHERE
On the bus, on your break, in your bed—never be without a book. Kindle books you have purchased on Amazon will automatically appear in your app. Kindle Unlimited and Amazon Prime members can select and download Kindle books directly in the app.
FIND YOUR NEXT GREAT READ
• Read the books you buy on Amazon in the Kindle app. Choose from over six million Kindle books (including those with Audible narration), magazines, and comics and start reading in seconds. Explore Amazon Charts best sellers and titles across genres like romance, science fiction, children’s books, self-help, religion, nonfiction, and more—and try any book with a free sample straight from the Kindle app.
• Kindle Unlimited members can enjoy unlimited reading and listening, with the freedom to explore over 1 million titles, thousands of audiobooks, and current magazines.
• Over 1,000 books, magazines, comics, and more included with Amazon Prime.
• Kindle Vella brings you stories released one short episode at a time. The first three episodes of every story are always free--after that, purchase Tokens and redeem them to unlock episodes. Tokens may only be used to unlock Kindle Vella story episodes and are available for In-App purchase. Kindle Vella and In-App purchase of Tokens are currently only available in the US.
GO BEYOND PAPER
Turn your iPhone or iPad into a book with the free Kindle app—so you can read anytime, anywhere. Explore these reading features in the Kindle app:
• Read your way. Customize your text size, font type, margins, text alignment, and orientation (portrait or landscape)—and choose whether to turn pages from left to right or continuously scroll. Read comfortably day and night with adjustable brightness and background colors. Go to the Aa menu in your book to get started.
• Look up words, people, and places while you read. Breeze through words you don’t know and characters you can’t remember with the built-in dictionary, X-Ray, Wikipedia lookup, instant translations, and search within your book. Simply tap and hold a word to view its definition, or use the Google and Wikipedia links to get more information.
• Track your reading progress. See what percent of the book you’ve read, real page numbers (for most top titles), and how much time you have left in the chapter or book based on your actual reading speed.
• Bookmark places you want to revisit, and make highlights and take notes throughout your book. Open My Notebook to see all your notes in the same place.
• Hop, skim, and jump with Page Flip. Flip between pages or get a bird’s-eye view of your book with Page Flip—don’t worry, we’ll save your place.
• Zoom in on high-definition color images in Kindle books, magazines, comics, and manga.
• Sync your books across devices. When you’re reading a book, the Kindle app will automatically sync where you left off—along with any bookmarks, highlights, or notes—so you can start reading on one device and pick up where you left off on another.
• When you can’t read, listen. Switch seamlessly from reading your Kindle book to listening to the Audible book, all within the Kindle app.
• Get notified when authors you love have new releases.
By using this app, you agree to Amazon’s Conditions of Use (www.amazon.com/conditionsofuse) and Privacy Notice (www.amazon.com/privacy).
Kindle Vella brings you stories released one short episode at a time. Follow stories and unlock new episodes from within the Kindle app.
Ratings and Reviews
I absolutely LOVE kindle unlimited!
I’ve always enjoyed reading, but kindle unlimited has made it so much easier to read while being a stay at home mom to an almost two year old. I LOVE paper books, but I’m ocd about my pages/book getting bent up.. 😵💫
Kindle unlimited also helped me discover so many new authors and amazing stories I probably would have never read because I’ve never heard of them before. Kindle unlimited also suggests books to you based on books you’ve already read and I have yet to be disappointed (I enjoy horror, the more aggressive/suspenseful, the better).
Some little things I enjoy about this app are the customization options as well as streak keeper. Some examples of the customizing options are being able to change the view to white pages, black pages, and even newsprint pages. You can also display the percentage of completion, hours/minutes estimated based off your reading speed for completing both each chapter as well as cover to cover and obviously page number out of total pages. The streak tracker is really cool because it lets you know how many books/which titles you’ve completed each year, tells you how many days/months in a row you’ve been reading, and encourages you to keep reading.
For the price of one book a month, what is there to lose..? 😌
Smile, Laugh, and Be Happy
So far this book is amazing. As someone who has battled with depression, bipolar, and past trauma, I know what it’s like to walk through life with bouts of happiness but to overall be quite miserable. I was able to put on a fake smile at work on most days. I was always allowing my emotions to take me on rollercoaster rides and allowing my feelings to be in the driver seat. I was even annoyed with the brethren when they’d say “we don’t walk by feelings we walk by faith”. I’ve finally said no more and was Blessed to come across this book at the perfect time. That’s how God is. His timing is exquisite.
This is the perfect time in my life to read this book as God has healed and delivered me from much, I have a solid foundation of the Word, and my mind and heart are open and have been made ready to hear and glean as much as I can from this inspirational work. I’ve already purchased a few copies that I gifted to others and will be purchasing more. Dr Baker received a profound revelation from the Lord and I believe the information in this book will help those stuck on their journey of transforming their lives. You may know the joy of the Lord is your strength but you may not experience it. Thank You for your obedience in writing this book Dr Baker. God loves us and wants us to be happy. Be Blessed!
I have been a kindle app user for many years. There have been improvements to the app that have kept me as a loyal user. Here’s one request I have (and I know it’s an atypical request and it may not ever be fixed but it’s worth asking): I browse titles, download samples, read samples, and naturally highlight and make notes as I read, whether the book is a sample or owned by me; if I like a book and want to read the full book, then I proceed to purchase it; the problem for me (and maybe no one else?) is when I purchase a book, my notes and highlights get deleted because the sample book is removed from my library and replaced with a full copy; but how can I transfer the highlights and notes? Is there a way, and if not, then can I keep the sample as well? The only workaround I can think of is to copy and paste to a document or to screen capture my notes and highlights to transfer to maintain a copy of them. These are tedious workarounds, and would love a solution. Yes, someone might ask, But why are you highlighting and making notes on a sample book? To which my response is, if I’m really into a book, I tend to make notes and highlights which means I will in turn want a full copy, which means I’m losing out on my notes and the moment I had going with the sample copy. This isn’t a high priority request, but would love an alternate workaround or solution. Thanks!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- AMZN Mobile LLC
- 158.4 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2009-2021 Amazon.com, Inc. or its Affiliates.
- In-App Purchases
- 770 Tokens - Kindle Vella (US) $9.99
- 368 Tokens - Kindle Vella (US) $4.99
- 140 Tokens - Kindle Vella (US) $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.