This application helps to calculate the average velocity over a given distance. Use this to measure e.g. your walking and running speed or to calibrate your car speedometer. It doesn't use GPS so it works on the iPod Touch as well.
How to use:
1. Find a known distance and enter it into the Distance field.
2. Get ready and press Start when you are at the start point.
3. The time and the calculated speed are updated live during measurement.
4. Press Stop when you reach the end point.
5. Press Restart when you want to start again or Resume when you want to go on and add to your current values.
You can change the distance during or after measurement.
It keeps a history list of your old measurements. Everytime you press Stop the current values are added to the history. You can email the history data for further processing and remove data entries from the history.
- link to version 2
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great app...works well
this is a great speed checker....for me, I have to know how fast I am going in a mile and then check it against a speedometer on a vechicle.....I can't use GPS in the vechicle so this app is exactly what i was looking for....the only thing I would change would be the start/stop button to be bigger, so i don't have to look down to start and stop the program.
Useful, but could be better.
Make the start button larger and more sensitive. Very difficult to precisely press the button at higher speeds....Make an "all clear" type button to reset everything so you don't have to close the app and open it again,
Needs more measurement units to use, there is only miles and yards.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.