Focus on what’s important with the newest version of the Yahoo News app. Now you can customize your news with your favorite topics and publishers, while our expert editors curate top stories from trusted sources. It’s time to reframe your newsfeed around what matters to you.
• Trusted sources - News from The New York Times, USA Today, TIME, Politico, the AP, Fox News and more.
• Customize topics and sources - Personalize your newsfeed like never before.
• Search across all news sources - Easily find what you’re looking for.
• The 360 - See all sides of important topics with a variety of viewpoints.
• Exclusive and live video - Watch trending news, press conferences, the day's soundbites and more.
• Expert editors - Get curated top stories of the day and premium content like our Skullduggery podcast, highlighting scandals and investigations in the Trump era.
• Breaking news alerts - Never miss an important story.
• 2020 election - Coverage from across the political spectrum.
In this update we’ve made some enhancements to the video tab, so you can now minimize the player while you scroll to find new videos to watch. We’ve also fixed a few minor bugs.
Ratings and Reviews
Yahoo news seems to be right on time with covering current news
You can bet on Yahoo News being up to date and right in time, with their coverage regarding current events news bits. Yahoo News and information that you need inquiring minds need to know, in order to be informed about situations that may effect their lives daily. In the busy world of today, people need to be informed regarding the changing weather patterns, current events, the newness of our country political reasoning and politics. This 21st century presents a changing and progressive world of thoughts that we, as Americans need to progressively, keep up with. Thank you Yahoo News for being that source.
Developer Response ,
Thanks so much for the kind words in your review, we really appreciate it! -AB
Biased, and Even Lie They are Bias
Yahoo responded to my review and said, “We offer news coverage from a variety of sources, and some lean more liberal while others lean more conservative. We work hard to present a balanced view of the news from a variety of perspectives across the political spectrum.”
Yahoo is the biggest joke. Any id*ot will tell you that this response to my review is a huge lie. Now back to my original review below.
The application itself works ok but a little glitchy. What I don’t like is the liberal loony tune articles that are clearly pushing a leftist agenda. Yes, fake news has been published on yahoo until it was exposed by conservative news outlets: the Covington fiasco, the BuzzFeed Mueller lie, Smollett to name a few. Be warned that yahoo will rarely post anything from conservative networks or news sites; they have no problem admitting they are a bias left news outlet. If they say otherwise, they lie.
And most liberals like it because it is a place for them to vent their frustration against conservatives even if the news is manipulative or full of half truths.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the feedback. We offer news coverage from a variety of sources, and some lean more liberal while others lean more conservative. We work hard to present a balanced view of the news from a variety of perspectives across the political spectrum. If there are publications you would like to see more of (or less of) please let us know.
Has really gone downhill
This used to be my go to news app for years. Not any longer.
1. Loud videos suddenly start. I’ve searched settings and cannot find a way to stop loud videos from jarringly startling me. I read late at night and in quiet places. I want control of the sound and Yahoo has wrestled that control away. Non negotiable.
2. They have changed the format to slow moving pictures with a few words underneath. Slow, uninformative, and a major waste of time. Uninformative.
3. The whole app has moved towards a stylistic look and away from a news feed. Glam over substance. If I wanted some stylistic slick app, I would download one. What a shame.
4. I want news. Just news. Articles with a headline and something to read, along with a simple photo or two. The news is no longer first and forefront on this app. What happened to this NEWS app?
I deleted the app after the recent terrible changes. Waited a few weeks and decided to try again. Reloaded it just now. Second story I clicked on immediately had a loud. Loud. Loud. LOUD newscaster blabbering on. It was jarring and uninvited. It wasn’t labeled as a video, looked like a news story. Again checked settings, unable to mute the news videos
Deleted the app again. Going back to other news feeds
- Yahoo! Inc.
- 85.7 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2019 Verizon Media
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.