iCab Mobile is a web browser for the iOS. It provides many unique and useful features you won't find in other iPhone browsers.
The Watch App is a remote control for iCab Mobile, so you can navigate, zoom, scroll, open bookmarks, links, the homepage, switch tabs or sitch on/off the fullscreen mode. It is also possible to let iCab read a web site using speech output.
iCab Mobile can upload any files on web pages (Due to limitations of the iOS this does not everywhere, but it works fine on many web sites).
iCab Mobile comes with several default search engines you can choose from. You can easily add new search engines.
FILLING OUT FORMS:
iCab Mobile can save web forms and restore the form content later (manually or automatically). The saved forms data can be password protected. Supports many third-party Password Manager Apps as well.
There’s a built-in fully customizable filter feature. It allows to block resources, ads, banners, user tracking scripts, cookies etc. Supports AdBlock Plus/EasyList filters as well.
iCab Mobile supports Tabs, so you can open multiple web pages at the same time. Links can be opened in Tabs (in the foreground or background) manually or automatically.
Bookmarks can be organized in folders. You can import/export the bookmarks from/to your PC/Mac browser.
iCab Mobile provides a fullscreen mode where the whole screen is used to display the web page. No screen space is wasted for toolbars.
iCab Mobile has a built-in Download Manager so you can download almost all files from the internet. The downloads can be easily transfered to a Mac/PC/Linux computer but also to other Apps on the device which can open these files
You can create multiple user accounts, each user has its own private bookmarks, filters, settings, etc.
iCab Mobile supports Dropbox. Export/Import bookmarks; transfer downloads, images, files, web pages to your Dropbox account.
In this mode, you can have two browsers side by side on the iPad. This is especially useful on the large iPad Pro.
The App is also accessible for visually impaired and blind users. If VoiceOver is enabled, the App plays soft ticks while a page is loading, so blind users are able to identify when the page load has finished.
- Configurable multi-touch gestures
- QuickStarter feature
- AirPrint support
- Browser ID (UserAgent) is configurable
- iCab Mobile fully supports international domain names
- Cookie Manager
- Private Browsing (no history and no cookies are stored)
- Privacy settings allows to delete all kinds of private data (history, cookies, databases, saved forms, passwords etc.)
- URL autocompletion
- Simple built-in RSS reader
- Save images, whole web pages, PDF files
- Kiosk Mode - a restricted variation of the fullscreen mode for Kiosk environments.
- Addressbook support lets you access the web pages from the addressbook.
- When launching iCab can either open an empty page, the homepage or restore the Tabs which were open the last time
- There are different color schemes and designs
- Document Sharing lets you pass downloads and files to other Apps in the device
The App includes a store providing several InApp purchases. These are meant as a tip jar. The InApp purchases are available for different prices, so you can pick the amount for the tip yourself. Doing so will unlock a few cool features as a reward, these are always the same, regardless of the amount of the tip. Users who have purchased the App within the last 12 months do get all these features for free, no need to buy one of the InApp purchases. Though they can nevertheless give me a tip, if they want to... ;-)
- There's a new option in the "Web site" settings to automatically open the original web page instead of the "Google AMP" version when using the google search engine on the iPhone.
- In the user interface settings you can now enable an additional prompt when deleting items (like bookmarks). So in case you have the tendency to accidentally delete things, you can have an additional prompt.
- In the "personal data" settings there's now a new option to change the sort criteria (title or URL) for the URL suggestions when typing a new address or search term into the address bar
- Tabs of other devices (synced via iCloud) can be now deleted from within the tabs overview window as well (only the entry in the iCloud will be deleted, not the Tabs itself on the other device). This can be useful if you still have an entry listed of devices which you don't have anymore.
- Removed the "Evernote" module because Evernote itself has abandonned this API. It is recommended to use the sharing feature of the iOS and the native Evernote App instead.
- The text-to-speech feature of the reader mode starts reading from the visible area instead always from the very beginning
- Bugfix: Fixes an issue with the Google translation module
- Bugfix: In the overview window for the Tabs the pinned tabs were not marked.
- Bugfix: solves an issue with filter lists where filters include the quote character
- Bugfix: solves an issue with the bookmarks export if the bookmarks include "smart folders". Other browsers (which do not support the "smart folder" feature) could fail in importing the bookmarks from iCab Mobile. This should no longer happen now.
Ratings and Reviews
Love it but 12.3 problem
iOS 12.3 seems to have broken the URL / search input field. When text is entered to attempt to do a Google (or whatever) search, or when entering a URL, instead the current page is searched like a “find” command. A failed “search in page” message box pops up in either case which leaves you and the browser dead in the water. You can still select from your bookmarks but that’s about it. Can’t type in anything new, unless you manually add a bookmark for a search engine or something else. I have not been able to fix this by changing anything in settings, not even “combined URL+Search Field”. This is a real show stopper with the 12.3 update.
The other problem I have always had is that on older style textual “bulletin board” type forums that involve lots of hyperlinks up and down the page, iCab usually doesn’t
“Go to” the right place when you click a link; in other words it goes to the wrong message which is a bit annoying. It sometimes returns to a previously visited link and in other cases seems to go some fixed percentage of the way up or down the page. So I have to do a whole bunch of manual scrolling to get to the right place and this is constantly!
Even given the above, iCab is still pretty much the only browser I’ll use on iOS (but the URL field problem has to be fixed pronto!)
A great app!!!
Okay so I don't even know where to begin lol. I am totally blind and use this app with Voiceover. I love how accessible it is, and that the creator of this app bothered thinking of us, as many do not think to make apps accessible with voiceover.
First of all, you can customize what commands you want to use for gestures and bluetooth keyboards. I use a bluetooth keyboard and so this is awesome. I notice when I have the option to add a new command, it's the same options that already have commands generally. Hoping for new ones in the future.
I also like that there's a download manager so I can download anything I might need. I sent an email with some questions to the developer and he was quick to get back to me with answers, and also very patient haha. He has already offered to fix a bug I discovered unintentionally involving Voiceover and brightness. Apparently when you turn brightness down to 0 on the app, Voiceover is unable to read it. This makes me wonder why I can adjust brightness to 0 on my IPad itself. Maybe 0 isn't really 0 on the ipad? Anyway there is more I could add but this message is too long as it stands. Haha. Keep up the awesome work. Hope this app never gets abandoned like so many have in the past.
Since earliest days of Mac and iOS!
iCab has been around since the earliest days of the Mac and iOS and it seems to have matured leaps and bounds. I spent the last two hours just pouring through all of the deep, deep settings that allow you to configure this browser to do literally everything you can imagine. Not for the casual browser crowd - of course you can ignore the infinite options, but if you spend time tailoring your experience you are greeted with what I’d call your personal Internet. Dark mode is awesome... full screen browsing is immersive and impressive especially on the newest huge screens. I didn’t know half the search providers supported even existed. If you are a tech-saavy human, this is the browser for you. Kudos iCAB!!!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Alexander Clauss
- 17.5 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2021 Alexander Clauss
- In-App Purchases
- Upgrade $0.99
- Upgrade plus Generous Tip $2.99
- Upgrade plus Extra Generous Tip $5.99
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.