What's new in version 3.8:
- New Sharing and Actions button
- Fix crash after downloading a presentation
Ratings and Reviews
Problems running on an 8G iPod
The pictures for this program promote its use on an iPhone, so my assumption was that it should also work on an iPod, since the two products can essentially run the same apps. After purchasing the app, and loading up the desktop / laptop app to allow the iPod to advance the PowerPoint slides, I followed the advice from the instructions. Load the PowerPoint presentation, make it full screen, and open the app on the iPod. Immediately, the iPod app found the app on the desktop computer and loaded the same screen view on the iPod. However, the first problem is that the screen view is very small, and cannot be increased. The next problem is that when you try to advance the slide, there is a time lag, and an occassional loss of signal. Apparently, the size of the file is so large on the iPod, it labors to upload the next view and crashes. I don't know if more Gig would help, but as an instructor, I would be hesitant to try it out on an unsuspecting class. I have read that this program works better on an iPad, where the sreen surface is much larger, and the potential memory can be higher. In any event, I am disappointed in the first trial, and probably won't be using it in the classroom.
Version 1.1 the good and the ??
When this package along with Bonjour is bullet proof it will be fantastic!! When it works, the Slideshow Remote interface is extremely nice. I really like the ability to see the slide and the notes. It has one of the best interfaces I have seen. I am really looking forward to an updated version that handles the wireless interface better.
The operative statement is "when it works." If you want a package with the best interface that will sometimes timeout during a presentation, refuse to connect to your server, sometimes get out of sync with the presentation, requires port 80 which is a challenge if you are a web developer, installs a bunch of stuff in the registry and has no way to uninstall the server then look no further.
Unfortunately the issues may not be LogicInMind's problem. The Bonjour interface on a PC may be problematic. We have seen similar problems on Macs with different remote software solutions so I suspect some of these problems may exist in the interface software that LogicInMind has no capability to change.
I will say that LogicInMind's product support is fantastic based on the application price and better than a lot of support organizations that sell expensive software. They want you to be successful.
Comments with this version are against Windows Vista Enterprise. Similar problems existed with an older version of LogicInMind on Windows XP.
Really nice app, worth the money.
This is a really nice app.
I am trying to use an eee PC for my powerpoint presentation, and it doesn't support extended display, so I cannot use the presenter's view on it. This app does allow a really nice presenter's view, and you can really control the slide presentation from the iPad. Really cool.
After installing the server and bonjour in the windows computer, it worked like a charm, and does all it promises, no communications problem whatsoever (so far, at least).
Now, why did I not give it 5 stars?
1. The Windows side server needs apple's Bonjour for Windows, but doesn't come bundled with it nor does it auto-download it. You have to download it yourself. Not a biggie, but annoying.
2. Doesn't recognize "hidden slides". Sometimes I "hide" some slides in the presentation, and these should not appear in the "next slide" screen, but they do. This can be confusing if you are looking at the "next slide" frame to know what to expect.
3. No way to click something in the slide. For instance, if you have a movie embedded, you need to move the mouse using the computer to click on it, there's no way to activate it from the app. It would make the app even nicer.
4. Pointer/annotation tool. It would be nice to have some way to point at the screen and add real time notes. A "pen" would be wonderful. A future upgrade maybe? (Let's hope...)
- 4.8 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- Copyright © 2009-2018 LogicInMind
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.