Start, locate and control your car from virtually anywhere with your iPhone, or Apple Watch!
“Making the cloud-connected car a reality”
"The coolest thing at the Consumer Electronics Show"
"Without a doubt, one of the coolest apps I've ever seen"
The Viper brand created the connected car category for the automotive aftermarket with the launch of Viper SmartStart in 2009. With the release of the 5.0 app and launch of Viper SmartStart Pro devices, connecting with and controlling your vehicle is faster and easier than ever.
- Add a Viper SmartStart module to the Viper system in your car so you can start, lock and unlock your car from virtually anywhere. Receive alerts if your car alarm goes off.
- Add a Viper SmartStart GPS module instead, and you can also locate your car and get notifications if your car is speeding or goes where it's not supposed to go.
- Viper SmartStart Digital Systems provide the ultimate connected car experience, including engine status with runtime display, and other feedback directly from the vehicle databus.
- Want to protect an offroad vehicle, watercraft or other specialty vehicle? Now Viper Powersports GPS ultra-low current systems can be added to your SmartStart app. Disable the starter, locate your vehicle, or get alerts if someone moves one of your powersports vehicles.
Are you tired of carrying around another clunky remote control on your keychain, or finding yourself out of range when you really need to warm up or cool down your car before getting in? Now you can securely remote start, lock/unlock, or find your car just by pushing a button on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
Viper SmartStart 4.0 gives you fingertip control over the following features of your Viper remote start or security/remote start system:
- Remote car starter
- Trunk release
- Aux channels
Viper SmartStart GPS lets you locate your vehicle or get notified via alerts if your kids go somewhere they aren’t supposed to, or drive unsafely.
How do you get Viper SmartStart? Just follow these three simple steps:
1) Download the free Viper SmartStart app
2) Get SmartStart installed in your car (see viper.com/smartstart for more information and where to buy Viper SmartStart).
3) Set up your SmartStart account, and start using your SmartStart system.
That’s all there is to it!
Viper SmartStart also includes membership in the Viper Motor Club, providing convenient flat rate 24/7 access to our nationwide roadside assistance network. Just press a button in the app to get connected for towing due to breakdown or accidents, or assistance with a dead battery or flat tire.
- Convenient widget provides quick access to sending commands
- Two new dashboards added that allow you to pick the layout and features most important to you
- Enhanced remote start feedback: the app confirms the command and then follows it up a few moments later to let you know if the engine is running, or stopped (digital systems only). The details are provided right on the dashboard too, no need to check your status page all the time.
- Enhanced command feedback: Now when you send a command to your SmartStart system, the app provides the details for the command right on the dashboard and keeps them there in case you forget and want to check back later to confirm what happened. Doors locked at 8:30AM? Check! (all systems)
- Is my car secure when I remote start it? Yep, we've been doing this a long time. The car is started, but only you can drive it away.
- Can I control all of my cars with the same app? You bet, just install Viper SmartStart systems in your other vehicles and they will show up in the app automatically.
- What is Viper Motor Club? It's our roadside assistance program that is included with every SmartStart Secure service plan (requires user to sign up via mysmartstart web site).
Adds support for new VCM550 and DCM550 hardware
Miscellaneous improvements and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
I like the app and the system
So I guess I’ll just review the app since my review for the actual viper system belongs else where. However I love the app, well built, well designed. You swipe up to start your car, you can lock it, sound alarm, open trunk, all that stuff. One of my particular favorite features is the ability to set a passcode to get into the app. So no one can start your vehicle (considering they don’t have your key fob for your remote start) with out a password. Nor can they unlock or anything. Which is a big thing for me because there’s things in my car that I wouldn’t want stolen (assuming you do as well) and it’s nice to know that I’m the only one that can access the app and do that myself. And if you do not have the GPS add on for your system and your only using the free 150ft start. I have to tell you it works from well over 150ft. At least for me it does, so that’s nice too. Overall I’m pleased with the app, there are some bugs and glitches that could be addressed but that doesn’t effect my overall rating and convenience of the app itself.
Exactly what I was looking for four years later
I purchased the viper SmartStart in 2013 on my jeep as it was brand new. It worked sporadically and had a mind of its own. They came out with a new module 350 model that said it would get better service. It did not and then ended up not working at all around June 2018. I was told and 350 module was outdated and they came out with a new module 450 where is rated for Alaska. I installed it August 18 and it is exactly what I was looking for five years ago. It gets great signal.. I can hit the car anywhere I like and all the features work exactly the way it was designed , unfortunately it took five years for them to work out the bugs and I’m the only one that pay the consequences as they kept charging me my subscription fee even though I have not really been using it for the last five years.
Cell linked alarm system
My alarm is installed in my minivan which I use for work. With the van parked in front of my home I felt secure and did not have an alarm. After my van was broken into, in front of my home I decided to have an alarm installed, I heard of an alarm that used the cell network, which I did not believe at first. It is true- this alarm has a fob for my key ring and also an app for my cell phone. I mostly use the key fob but the app is always on. The alarm on the app has never failed- if the alarm goes off I get a notification on my phone; arming and disarming the alarm with my phone is not 100% percent reliable so I always keep the alarm fob handy. I’ve only had one break-in since I’ve had the alarm; it was my fault for forgetting to set the alarm at work. The only reason I rated the system four stars is the 15-20% failures of my cell phone arming or disarming the system- keeping the fob handy makes it a nuisance instead of a crisis. If someone asks about alarms I recommend the system, being able to check remotely if I remembered to set the alarm, and the reliability of the notification.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.