#1 Top Book App In 2009 And Still A Best Seller
Read Quick Short Stories Anywhere!!
OVER 310 STORIES BY OVER 90 AUTHORS
- “This app is a seriously good buy and is a privilege to have on your iPhone – download it today, you will not be disappointed.” –Maccreate.com
- “301+ Short Stories brings you a large variety of intriguing tales to enjoy by various authors to keep you happily reading for quite a while... This is a multi-genre library with a very pleasing and attractive interface.” -Cool iPhone Apps Free To $5 Caps
- “I was delighted to see the recent release of 301+ Short Stories” - iphonelife.com
- PLUS - RAVE REVIEWS in AppStores Around The World
Perfect for QUICK, EASY, and ENTERTAINING reading for ON THE GO or anytime.
GENRES Include - Adventure - Humor - Ghost Stories - Horror - Mystery - Westerns - Fantasy - Romance and Love - Sketches of Life - And More
The GREATEST AUTHORS of All Time - Bram STOKER - Mark TWAIN - H.G. WELLS - Edgar Allen POE - Louisa May ALCOTT - James JOYCE - Robert Louis STEVENSON - Anton CHEKHOV - Charles DICKENS - Sir Arthur Conan DOYLE - Jack LONDON - O. HENRY - Oscar WILDE - Virginia WOOLF - and MANY MORE
Sit back and unwind to a selection of over 300 (and growing) of some of the greatest short stories of all time right on your iPhone or iPod Touch.
- Extensive and expanding library
- MULTI-GENRE library
- Beautifully designed and easy-to-use interface
- Adjustable story text size
- Now Pages Turn Like A Real Book!
- ALL Stories are in the app - No need to go online!
- Automatically bookmarks each story as needed
- ALL future updates, including story additions, are included with initial purchase
**Here’s just a sample of some of the authors and their stories:
-Louisa May Alcott (Debby’s Debut, A Modern Cinderella)
-T.S. Arthur (After A Shadow, An Angel In Disguise, A Mystery Explained)
-Honore De Balzac (A Street Of Paris And Its Inhabitant, and more)
-L. Frank Baum (The Capture Of Father Time, The Enchanted Types, The King Of The Polar Bears, and more)
-Anton Chekhov (About Love,The Lottery Ticket, The Witch, and more)
-Kate Chopin (A Pair Of Silk Stockings, Beyond The Bayou, The Kiss)
-Joseph Conrad (Amy Foster, The Secret Sharer)
-Daniel Defoe (The Apparition Of Mrs. Veal, Atlantis Major)
-Charles Dickens (The Seven Poor Travellers, To Be Read At Dusk, more)
-Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (A Case Of Identity, The Man From Archangel, and more)
-H. Rider Haggar (Hunter Quartermain’s Story, Only A Dream, and more)
-Nathaniel Hawthorne (The Hollow Of Three Hills, The Seven Vagabonds, The Threefold Destiny, and more)
-Washington Irving (The Legend Of Sleepy Hollow, and more)
-James Joyce (After The Race, The Dead, Grace, A Mother, and more)
-Franz Kafka (Metamorphosis)
-Jack London (An Adventure In The Upper Sea, That Dead Men Rise Up Never, and more)
-Guy De Maupassant (The Confession, A Ghost, more)
-O. Henry (The Gift Of The Magi, The Roads We Take, The Whirligig Of Life, and more)
-Edgar Allen Poe (The Angel Of Odd, The Black Cat, The Fall Of The House Of Usher, The Tell-Tale Heart, and more)
-Robert Louis Stevenson (A Lodging For The Night, The Sea Fogs, and more)
-Bram Stoker (A Dream Of Red Hands, Dracula’s Guest, The Secret Of Growing Gold, and more)
-Mark Twain (The Californian’s Tale, The Celebrated Jumping Frog Of Calaveras County, A Curious Dream, A Ghost Story, and more)
-H.G. Wells (The Cone, The Door In The Wall, A Dream Of Armageddon, A Moonlight Fable, and more)
-Oscar Wilde (The Devoted Friend, T The Selfish Giant, The Sphinx Without A Secret, and more)
-Virginia Woolf (A Society, The Mark On The Wall, and more)
Those are just a few of the authors and stories. There are currently more than 310 GREAT STORIES BY OVER 90 MASTERS OF THE CRAFT with more stories on their way.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Updated so will still work on iOS 11
Ratings and Reviews
A Real Treasure
I have read some old favourites. some were first read long ago for a forgotten class. Rereading them now with older, more experienced eyes was pure delight. each new story and author is a great treat too, and has me scurrying around for more stories and books to add to my pile of must-reads. honestly i have never gained so much enjoyment for such few pennies.
If you like short stories, this app is for you!
I have a few apps of book collections, but this is the first one I know of that is a collection of short stories. As the title says, there are more than 300 stories in this app. If you like even a third of them, it is well worth the price. The interface is easy to use, and I especially like that I can change the font size while I am reading rather than having to go to an options section to make the change. As someone else has already said, it would be helpful if the stories were also categorized by genre. It would also be nice to list page numbers or some other way to show how long the stories are. But these are minor quibbles in an outstanding app.
Please Add Genre Categories
I would enjoy this app more if the stories were organized by genres.
The developer, 288 Vroom LLC., has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- 288 Vroom LLC
- 14.7 MB
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2009 288 Vroom LLC
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.