Create beautiful full-resolution HDR (high dynamic range) pictures with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch! Includes fully-automatic capture mode and semi-auto/manual modes if you want more control. Offers slider and effect controls for you to easily customize final results.
- Reviews -
“TrueHDR is the best two bucks you can invest to improve your iPhone images. “ - TUAW
“TrueHDR is the most effective HDR app in the App Store. “ - Gizmodo
“much better than the HDR feature native to the iPhone 4. ” - AppAdvice
* Easy, fully-automatic HDR capture with AutoCapture mode
* Greater control over exposure points with SemiAuto capture mode and Manual mode
* Capable of handling up to 18 mega-pixel photos (e.g., photos imported from other cameras) on iPhone 4 & above, iPad 2 & above
* Uses state-of-the-art techniques to automatically align and merge photos
* Custom sliders and effect controls - easily make adjustments to the merged HDR photos to get the final image just the way you prefer
* Choice of Natural or Enhanced modes, with Natural for the most realistic look and Enhanced for slightly more vivid colors and contrast - pick the look you like
* Automatically saves original images for use with desktop HDR programs if desired
* Full support for front and back facing camera
* Supports geo-tagging and printing
* Convenient sharing features (Facebook, Twitter, email, Instagram)
Use TrueHDR to unleash the potential of your iDevices and create beautiful HDR pictures!
Have you taken pictures, only to find out that the clouds were washed out, making the sky look like a white haze? Or how about pictures where everything in the shadows looked like a dark blob with no details?
With TrueHDR, you can get the best of bright and dark areas and merge them into a single realistic-looking picture that is much closer to what your eyes originally saw.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
Fixed crashes on iOS 9.
Ratings and Reviews
Pretty good, significant limit
I bought this to compare with Pro HDR X. HDR apps have a problem with halos in areas of high contrast. It's ugly. You get what look like smudges in th sky and in other areas of flat color or tone. Based on sample pictures, I thought this app might do that less than Pro HDR X. It doesn't. It also doesn't create the range of exposure that Pro HDR X makes. True HDR uses only two exposures, versus three for Pro HDR X. There's not as much information to work with, so the range is narrower. On the plus side, True HDR is good at aligning images, something Pro HDR X has trouble with. This is valuable in low light, when exposures are longer and the combination of exposures happens over a longer period of time. True HDR also has more natural color, which may or may not be what you want. Pro HDR X pumps the color, so you get those gorgeous images with blue blue skies and green green trees and grass. It's a little much. True HDR is good for getting a wider range of exposure than a single shot, it aligns multiple images well, and it uses more natural color. If you want a wider range, try Pro HDR X and--if you don't like candy-store color--adjust the saturation down.
The best app for amazing photos
iPhone SE after saving photo to iphone then I attempted to rotate the photo and iPhone photo app crashes.
Best photo app in the app store for HDR control and photo taking, though even after a reinstall it now just crashes over and over cant make a photo.
Solution - I restated my iPhone4s with a hard restart (holding power and home button until rebooted). Now works again. I imagine it is a memory issue between ios and this app.
One of my favorite apps...
Results are not foolproof but when you understand the capabilities along with the limits you can come up with some terrific images that are otherwise not possible. There are some great creative potentials as well, that go beyond the primary function of capturing the wide range of lighting dynamics, inherent in many shooting situations, inside to outside and shadow to full light. One can use the 'manual' function to great effect layering discreet images into a single merged photo. Buy it... You'll like it!
The developer, Pictional LLC, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Pictional LLC
- 16.2 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © Pictional LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.