mbDrive lite is the free version of mbDrive.
mbDrive - Turn your iPhone and iPod touch into wireless flash disk.
With mbDrive, transferring files to and from your iPhone/iPod Touch has never been easier! mbDrive transforms your iPhone/iPod Touch into a wireless flash disk that you can use just like any other flash disk to store your documents and files. With our lightning fast HTML server build-in, you can transfer files to your iPhone or iPod Touch with any modern web browser.
1. High performance HTML server provides fast and easy file transfer.
2. Compatible with OS X 10.5 and above, WinXP, Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 10.
3. Supports typical file transfer operations from connected web browser. Functions include:
* Create new folder.
* Delete/rename files and folders.
* Using drag-and-drop to copy files between iPhone/iPod Touch and computer.
4. Can download the files from iPhone/iPod touch using web browser.
5. Views or plays the document/media file stored in mbDrive. Supported file formats:
*Microsoft office documents
*Safari Web Archives
*Web pages .htm .html
*Image files .png .jpg, .jpeg, .gif .tiff
*Video files .mp4 .mov
*Audio files .mp3 .aac
6. Supports landscape orientation.
7. File sorting options which make it easy to locate specific files.
8. Import photo from camera roll or image library.
9. Support iTunes file sharing.
1. Computer running OS X 10.5 and above, WinXP, Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 10.
2. iPhone/iPod Touch and your computer needs to be on the same WiFi network.
3. iOS 9.0 and above.
The free version provides 64 MBytes disk space. If you need more disk space, please purchase the full version.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This app seems to be nice in the way it works. I Like that it's Webdav instead of a bad implementation of a mini web server like most apps. I gave an extra star for the Webdav. :D
I must point out that it's a little hard to get back to the file list as you have to tap a very small part of the screen to "go back" after viewing things fullscreen (like images).
Hopefully iPhone OS 4's new API's will yield saving your images to your photo library on the mobile device or could that be done now? * cough yes, cough* :D
Amazing!!-- Just follow the simple help file
First, if you are looking at this app and see all the 1 star reviews, it is because people did not read the directions. I am so impressed with this application that I fired up iTunes to rate it 5 stars and write my first review in iTunes.
I have been switching out thumb drives and formatting them to work on mac and windows today as I have been setting up my windows 7 machine. I wanted to transfer files EASILY from the mac to the windows machine and vise versa. I would never have guessed my little iPod would do it beyond my expectations.
Follow the "help" instructions in the app, it takes seconds to configure for mac or windows. If you do this, it is not confusing. I set my iPod up on my mac and windows machine in a couple of minutes. Now my iPod shows up as a network drive on my comnputers! I can drag files from the mac onto my iPod, preview them from the iPod, and my windows machine can access the files, and vice versa. It makes the iPod or iPhone a super fast, portable server. If you like thumb drives, and it would help to not have to plug it in to one computer and switch to another, get this app-- you can wirelessly connect several computers to the iPhone at once and swapping files is several times quicker than using a thumb drive.
--Sean (btw check out my song, "U4ia")
Works as described
Free, and works quickly and easily. Only problem (and the reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5) is that the port number to connect to didn't show up on the bottom of the screen because of not enough room or something. Found the port number under the settings page, connected, and it worked great.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.