The up-to-date journey planner for Munich and the entire area of the Munich Transport and Tariff Association (MVV), including the right mobile ticket – just enjoy Munich!
+ Journeys based on the timetable with suitable messages and live predictions. With settings for passengers with limited mobility.
+ DEPARTURES with live forecasts including filters for your own line and information about the stop.
+ MAP to select the stop, locate your position and find MVG Bikes.
+ MESSAGES and incidents of underground, bus, tram, S-Bahn and MVV regional buses.
+ TICKETS for the entire MVV
• from day tickets for single or groups to CityTourCards including entrance fees. Always the right ticket directly out of departures and journeys or choose the ticket yourself.
• Widget for tickets: quick check and easy purchase of your favourite tickets.
+ NETWORK MAPS also rare versions (e.g. for beer gardens)
+ MVG BIKE, CARSHARING:
• Information on the rental bike system of the city of Munich and CarSharing at all stops.
• Easy link to MVG more, the app for MVG Bike and individual mobility in Munich.
+ WHAT'S GOING ON IN THE CITY
• Calendar of events for Munich and the region: e.g. Oktoberfest, Tollwood or open-air cinemas.
• The key to mobility: Links to MVG Bike, CarSharing and our mobility partners S-Bahn München (e.g. lost-and-found office), BOB, ALEX, MERIDIAN and FlixBus.
• Links to MVG and SWM Services: Hotline, lost-and-found office, customer center, mvg.de
► Easy search for start/destination:
! Address search:
One or two syllables + house number are sufficient. e.g. "Kuni 72" for "Kunigundenstraße 72, Munich".
For the airport simply enter the official abbreviation "MUC".
"Hbf" = Central Station, "OEZ" = Olympiaeinkaufszentrum
► Strange connections e.g. no subway?
! Gear symbol top right - at the bottom press "Reset settings".
► Where is my stop position?
! Map of stops: Click on the transfer stop in the journey detail and load the map. Only available for complex stops.
! On site: Journey from current position to destination.
Click on the footpath to the stop within the chosen joureny. Shows the footpath to the departure position.
► Mobile Ticket
! Store your own tariff rings and always get the right connection ticket for your trips.
► How did the function work?
! Help on hidden functions - just click on the question mark.
3. WE ARE WORKING ON IT:
- short-term cancellations cannot be considered. Tip: Check under departures what's actually running.
- exclude individual lines
- passed stops on your journey
- In the case of large-scale cancellations (e.g. strikes), "ghost trains" are sometimes displayed.
- The public transport minute is longer than standardised - especially for buses in traffic jams.
- Display exactly the same as the display at the bus stop. Minor deviations are possible due to the system.
- only stops, no departure positions
- no routes or display of the routing.
- no disturbances of the trains of DB, ALEX, BOB, MERIDIAN.
► MOBILE TICKET
- no weekly / monthly pass (IsarCard)
- Double purchases in case of poor internet connection. Tip: Screenshot and feedback via tab "More" - Info - Feedback
► APPLE WATCH
- No Apple Watch functions except for departure alarm. Market share too low.
Purchased mobile tickets can be displayed at any time without an Internet connection. The accuracy or completeness of the information provided cannot be guaranteed.
Ratings and Reviews
You trust that it’s showing you the fastest route, but it’s not - even if the trains were on schedule. It’s absurd that the app doesn’t show the bus schedule or the routes, so that I can plan accordingly myself.
For example, I thought that I could take any S-train to Pasing and then take the 265 in the other direction - the app only tells me to take the S6 to Planegg, which you have to wait for, then take the 265...which you have to wait for. When I did get to Pasing, sure enough, that alternative route finally showed up, but it was too late to catch the bus. So I will be late to my first day on the job!
Times are not accurate
We were unfamiliar with the area and the app allowed us to get around but not without effort. The biggest issue was the train schedule was not accurate. We almost missed our bus out of Munich because the train schedule was off 45 minutes.
Google Maps is more accurate
MVG gives the most convoluted route. It does NOT handle SBahn routes well. Usually suggests circling back to HBF for some reason. I would NOT recommend to visitors unfamiliar with the network.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.