The MVG Fahrinfo München app offers everything that public transport users in and around Munich need to get from A to B. You can use the app to quickly plan a journey and buy the right ticket.
• ALL JOURNEYS: Based on the timetable, real-time predictions and reported incidents.
• ALL DEPARTURES: With real time prediction including filters for your own line and information on your stop.
• TICKETS FOR THE ENTIRE MVV NETWORK: Including ticket widget for even faster purchasing of favourite tickets.
• ACCESSIBLE JOURNEYS: For stress-free mobility with wheelchair, walking frame or buggy.
• REMINDER FUNCTION: So you get to the stop on time.
• BETTER ORIENTATION: with Integrated city map and location function.
• PUSH NOTIFICATIONS FOR INCIDENTS: Information on underground, buses, trams, suburban trains and MVV regional buses.
• ALL NETWORK PLANS: For Munich, the region, or trains in Bavaria. Plus: network maps for accessible mobility.
• PERSONAL MOBILITY MADE EASY: Information on MVG Bike and car-sharing options at all stops. You can easily access bikes and sharing partners via smart link to our app MVG more.
• MORE FLEXIBLE MOBILITY: Links to park & ride, taxi services as well as our mobility partners S-Bahn München, Bayerische Regiobahn, alex, Meridian and FlixBus.
• EVENT TIPS: for selected events and smart link to the official Munich App of the City of Munich.
• CUSTOMER SERVICE AT THE TAP OD A BUTTON: Details on the customer hotline as well as the Customer Service Centres and lost property office.
EASY ADRESS SEARCH
Ein oder zwei Silben der Straße + Hausnummer genügen, z. B. „Kuni 72“ für „Kunigundenstraße 72, München“
„MUC“ = Munich Airport, „Hbf“ = Munich Central Station (Hauptbahnhof), „OEZ“ = Olympia Shopping Centre (Olympiaeinkaufszentrum)
IN THE EVENT OF UNUSUAL RESULTS – RESET SETTINGS
"Gearwheel" at the top right >> "Reset settings" (at the very bottom)
WHERE IS STOP POSITION 4?
Tap on the stop name in the journey details/departures and load the plan of the stop. The number tells you from which point exactly your line departs.
Note: available for all underground stations and for stops with multiple stopping points.
SHOW FOOTPATH ON THE MAP
Simply tap on the footpath symbol to the stop or your destination in the journey details.
BUY A REQUIRED ADD-ON TICKET
Go to "Settings" - "My zones" and enter the tariff zones of your own weekly/monthly ticket.
UNDERSTAND A FEAUTIR
By tapping on the “?” in the bar on the top right, additional information on the optimal use of the app can be found.
• Purchased mobile tickets can be shown at any time, even without an internet connection.
• No guarantee can be given for the accuracy or completeness of the provided information.
- Optimization for the 365-Euro-Ticket MVV. More information www.mvg.de/services/handyticket/365-Euro-handyticket.
- Stability improvements
- Minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
English GUI is back in 2.0.1!
UPDATE 2…the developers responded with the release of version 2.0.1, bringing back the English interface (except for 24h format, but OK). Thank you for listening, it truly was and now is again a wonderfully helpful app!
UPDATE...after a week or so of no response from the developer's website feedback email, I downgraded to version 1.1 .ipa and can once again navigate and happily PAY TO USE the MVG system in München. Now if only Apple would allow us to ignore selected updates...oh, that's a different story!
(Title)...and allowed more universal use. Now only Deutsch. Understandable for the location it is used but more or less it now isolated some of the apps former user base. Would a language switch for the GUI be too much to ask?
If you think globally like you did for version 1, the rating would be 5 stars; the last version (I could use) was phenomenal!
You trust that it’s showing you the fastest route, but it’s not - even if the trains were on schedule. It’s absurd that the app doesn’t show the bus schedule or the routes, so that I can plan accordingly myself.
For example, I thought that I could take any S-train to Pasing and then take the 265 in the other direction - the app only tells me to take the S6 to Planegg, which you have to wait for, then take the 265...which you have to wait for. When I did get to Pasing, sure enough, that alternative route finally showed up, but it was too late to catch the bus. So I will be late to my first day on the job!
Times are not accurate
We were unfamiliar with the area and the app allowed us to get around but not without effort. The biggest issue was the train schedule was not accurate. We almost missed our bus out of Munich because the train schedule was off 45 minutes.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- SWM Services GmbH
- 100.3 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, Dzongkha, German
- Age Rating
- © 2012-2021 MVG