Lose Yourself Without Getting Lost.
This handy application presents you several self-guided city walks, featuring the best of the city. It comes with detailed walk route maps and powerful navigation features enabling you to see the best of the city. No need to hop on a tour bus or join a tour group; now you can explore all the city attractions on your own, at your own pace, and at a cost that is only a fraction of what you would normally pay for a guided tour.
Sightseeing walks included in this application are:
* Lower Manhattan Sights (9 sights)
* Central Park Attractions (12 sights)
* Brooklyn Walk (8 sights)
* New York's Top Museums (7 sights)
* NYC Orientation Walk (12 sights)
* New York Religious Sights (9 sights)
* Shopping Tour of New York (7 sights)
* Gift & Souvenir Shopping P1 (8 sights)
* Gift & Souvenir Shopping P2 (6 sights)
* Downtown NYC Nightlife (7 sights)
* Chelsea Nightlife (7 sights)
Discovery walks included in this application are:
* Soho Shopping Walk
* Alphabet City Walk
* Diamond District and Fashion Avenue Walk
* Chinatown Walk
* Greenwich Village Walk
* Koreatown Walk
* Murray Hill Architecture Walk
* Dumbo Walk
* Atlantic Avenue Antiques Hunting
* Upper East Side Antiques Hunting
No Data Plan or Internet is Needed, and No Roaming either. All the data used in this app is built into the software, so you can follow the city walks or use the city map without internet access or cellular data plan. No need to pay the costly roaming charges when traveling to foreign cities. The app works with your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad.
The powerful navigation assistance includes:
* Walk routes clearly displayed on map.
* Precise walking directions from one sight to the next.
* `FindMe` displays your exact location and Auto Tracking displays your movement on the map (this feature is not supported by the iPod Touch and iPad wifi models).
* Built-in compass to show you the direction.
* Create your own walks to see the attractions you like.
* A detailed city map which can be used independently for your other traveling needs.
Please visit our website at www.GPSmyCity.com to find city walks for over 470 cities worldwide.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. This app gives you the option to turn off the GPS tracking in the background to prolong the battery life.
- Fixed a bug.
Ratings and Reviews
I loaded this app while we were on vacation and visiting NYC. this app is junk, the maps and the overlay that is created showing the walking tour are not linked. If i tried to move the map i found myself moving the walking pathe all over the map. When moving the map and it is repainted it repaints in sections that do not match together. It was totally useless for my trip
Doesn't provide any info about sites it takes you to
The routes are easy to follow and the locations seem interesting, but the app doesn't give you any info (not even a blurb) about any of the locations it tells you to visit. So you get there, and don't know any of the history or information about the point of interest.
Waste of photons
Aside from what the others have said, I'd like to add that the text is ripped (apparently without looking) out of Wikipedia and the "tours" are randomly strung-together sites that in some cases are too far apart to walk in less than an hour or two. You don't want to buy a city app from someone who's never been to that city.
- GPSmyCity.com, Inc.
- 193.5 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2010 GPSmyCity.com, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.