GV Connect 4+
Call & SMS for Google Voice
- Offers In-App Purchases
GV Connect is the most feature-complete Google Voice application available for your iPhone or iPad — text, call, and interact with your existing GV accounts using a beautiful and streamlined interface that gives you full control over your account settings:
• Place calls using your Google Voice number rather than your mobile number - enter number directly, select a contact from your device's contacts, or call back any number in your history. The application supports direct call (iPhone only), callback (Click2Call), and offline calling (see application website for a description of these calling modes)
• Send and receive text messages (SMS) from your Google Voice number - including support for long SMS, group messages, picture messages (MMS – available as In-App purchase), and support for non-English messages. Supports in-line replies with an iMessage-like interface
• Automatically check for new messages and voicemails - even when the application is in the background
• Listen to voicemails and recorded conversations right on your device (allowing you to pause, rewind, or fast forward to any point within the message) - voicemails will show the transcription of the message when available
• Un/-archive messages, mark them as un-/read or starred, attach notes to conversations, block/unblock senders, trash or delete conversations
• Easily search in your history by contact, message, or note text - supports continuing searches online for messages that have not yet been cached locally
• Messages are stored on your device for offline access
• Quickly change various Google Voice account settings (call forwarding, do-not-disturb — including the option to have DND automatically expire at a specified time, message notifications, …)
• Add, verify, and remove forwarding phone numbers
• Quick Settings allow saving and restoring complete account settings (DND, forwarding, …) for easy switching between different profiles
• Support for automatic selection of Quick Settings based on current location (available as In-App Purchase)
• Direct access to your device's contacts without needing to synchronize them with Google
• Quick access to favorite phone numbers for calls and SMS
• Universal application which runs optimized on iPhone (including iPhone X), iPod Touch, and iPad (including split-screen multi-tasking on supported devices running iOS 9 or later)
• Optional application passcode lock (with TouchID option on supported devices)
• Supports gesture navigation when typing text for easier placement of the cursor: swipe left/right with one or two fingers to move the caret position backwards/forward by character or word. Swipe left/right with three fingers to go to the beginning/end of the existing text
• Supports TextExpander touch snippet expansion including support for fill-in snippets
* Recipient of an honorable mention in the 2010 Best App Ever Awards *
NOTE: An existing Google Voice account with a GV phone number is required to use this application - signup for new Google Voice accounts is currently limited to residents of the US. Please note that GV Connect is NOT a VoIP application and will not allow making or receiving calls from an iPad/iPod Touch without a separate VoIP application.
GV Connect stores your account password securely in your device's Keychain for faster login when launching the application. All communication is done exclusively via secure connections (SSL) to the Google Voice servers owned and operated by Google and no contact information (other than the contact's phone number which is required to place a call or send a message) is sent to Google or any other party. All operations are fully synchronized with your Google Voice account.
Please read the FAQ section on the application website if you encounter any issues or use the feedback email link in its about screen to ask for support.
• Add support for for incoming contact cards (MMS In-App Purchase required)
• Fix layout issues when sending conversations as email
• Add video/audio/vcard attachments as attachments when sending conversations as email (MMS IAP required)
• Fix empty names in the navigation popup for back buttons in conversations
• Improve VoiceOver description for attachments in conversation view
Ratings and Reviews
Best GV app with one flaw...
This app has been in active development for a very long time. Very dedicated developer that has worked hard to improve usability and squash bugs when they presented themselves.
The only issue I find is that I get all my notifications about missed calls a while after they happen. I might happen to look at my phone and see a missed call in the phone app. Then I head over to GV Connect to see if they left a message and GV connect will just be refreshing to let me know of the missed call. I have missed a lot of calls that way. I’ve had to enable email notification because of it. I don’t know what other setting to check but notifications just don’t happen in real time consistently and I can’t find a reason why unless iOS itself is doing something in the background. Otherwise it’s the perfect phone dialed app. I wish Apple let us replace the phone dialer with this one.
Better than ever!
I’ve been a user for about ten years I believe and there has been no let up in development throughout that entire time. Nor, incredibly, has there been a change to a subscription model. This developer puts users first in a way that is very refreshing. I was compelled to write a review because I hadn’t been on his website in many years. Doing so tonight I discovered even more clever ways to optimize my phone calls. In particular how to manage multiple gvoice accounts from the app when I only have a single cell phone number, making it difficult to switch between gvoice accounts to, say, call in a pizza order without giving up my primary gvoice number. I’ve also become very sensitive to app data use disclosures and when comparing GV’s app disclosures in the App Store to goggle’s Voice app I thought to myself, “why would anyone use anything else?” Thank you for all you do GV team. Contributing to tip jar.
Essential App for Google Voice Users
I am a long time Google Voice user and a long-time user of this app. it now pretty much stands alone, as the other good Google voice apps all seem to have been abandoned.
The depth of all the features within this app is really quite astonishing — and cannot be fully appreciated until using it and digging in hard. I think that most fully committed Google voice users will really appreciate this app.
I am very grateful to the developer for continuously maintaining this app for many, many years, and also for being progressive in providing full support for the iPad. I have just purchased the two in app purchases as a show of my continued support. I would also encourage the developer consider offering a more robust push notification service that is triggered by user configured google voice email notifications that get sent to developer’s APN server. I would be willing to pay a modest, recurring subscription for this.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Andreas Amann
- 6.7 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2009-2023 Andreas Amann
- In-App Purchases
- MMS Support $0.99
- Location Awareness $0.99
- Amazing Tip $4.99
- Massive Tip $1.99
- Generous Tip $0.99