A World-Class Game Clock for iOS. Updated for iOS 8 and the new iPhone 6 and 6 Plus.
The most accurate, high performance, customizable and user friendly game clock on the App Store.
It provides the highest accuracy timing that iOS allows and has more features than any other game clock on the App Store. If you think there's a feature missing let us know and we'll consider adding it.
If you like the app please write a review or give it a rating. If you have any difficulty using the app or you want a new feature let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org. I’m grateful for your comments and support.
---------------- Features -----------------
* Individually customizable clocks for each player that allow configuration of:
--- Start time
--- Increment/delay time
--- Increment sound (turn sound on and off as well as sound choice)
--- When to begin displaying tenths of a second
* Accurate to a 1000th of a second
* Displays the number of moves each player has completed
* Times and increments can be set with 1 second resolution
* Ability to select which player starts the game
* Negative Time
--- Clocks can count below zero
--- This is a configurable setting (off by default)
* Ability to turn off the end of game sound
* Compatible with iOS 6 and above
------ Delay Settings ------
* USCF Delay (clock doesn't start counting down until the delay is over). Time left in the delay is displayed clearly.
* Fischer compensation (time added per turn accumulates)
* Bronstein compensation (time added per turn does not accumulate)
* No compensation (just set the increment time to zero)
* Configurable Increment Notification System
--- Screen flashes and a quiet sound is played when your increment runs out
--- Individually configurable, each player can choose to have no decide if they want to disable the increment notification or can choose between 3 different sounds
----- Handles interruptions smoothly -----
* Never lose your place in the game. Games are saved when you receive a call or close the app and restored when you reopen the Merkmatics Chess Clock.
* Games can be easily paused and resumed at a later time
------ Simple, Elegant look and feel ------
* The active player's timer turns green or blue when their turn begins
* A subtle "click" sounds, when you complete your turn, just like a real chess clock
* Two end of game sounds, a simple two-tone beep and a old school video game sound
* Small secondary display shows your opponents remaining time
* About page that allows you to email support from inside the App
------ Intelligent Power Management ------
* Clock is optimized to improve battery life
* iPhone/iPod Touch won’t dim or lock during a game
* Still dims and locks when a game is paused to conserve power
* Option to use a black background to save power
I use the Merkmatics Chess Clock primarily for chess but it will work for any two-player game where you want to add a time component to the game play. It will work well with Go, Scrabble, Checkers, Backgammon and many other games.
If you would like to request a new feature, report a bug, or if you have suggestions about how to improve the app please let me know at email@example.com.
Thank you for downloading Merkmatics Chess Clock, I hope you enjoy it.
This is a significant update to the Merkmatics Chess Clock. The look and feel of the clock has been updated to a style consistent with iOS 7 & 8, the clock settings are now position based and the icon has updated.
Settings for the clocks are now based on position, the clocks are labeled A and B and the positions of the clocks are fixed. Before a game starts the clocks are labeled for clarity. Starting a game has not changed, whomever touches their clock first is Black and the opposing player is White.
I understand that everyone is busy but if you could take a moment to write a review the App it would be greatly appreciated. Your reviews have an ENORMOUS impact on the reputation and continued success of the Merkmatics Chess Clock. If you don't have time to write a review you can also simply rate the App by choosing a star rating and hitting submit. You can easily navigate to the app by touching the App's icon (next to these words) after updating.
I am going to be adding some features in the near future so stay tuned. If you have a suggestion for a new feature or want to advocate adding something, now is a great time to let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I would like to thank Matt McNeil, Rolf Exner and Abe Farraj for their input on the features in this release as well as for their help beta testing the App.
I am extremely grateful for all of the loyal users of the Chess Clock. Thank you all for your suggestions and I wish you luck in your games, whatever you happen to be playing.
Ratings and Reviews
The clear winner!
I started off downloading those free chess clocks thinking "A chess clock is a chess clock, right?" How mistaken I was. With some of my free clocks I have had recognition errors where the app failed to detect the tap which is frustrating and messes up your concentration, not to mention defeats the entire purpose of having a chess timer. While I would probably wish for a sleeker icon, that is a rather inconsequential request when compared to the fact that this is a top notch chess clock and really a no-brainer if you're in the market for a good one. Also, you can expect regular updates and tweaks as needed which only make an already great app that much better. I wish I found this one from the beginning, it would have saved me a lot of time.
Will replace my Chronos clock.
This clock is not only easy use, it is fully featured. It includes the ability to add a grace period delay. That is essential for the backgammon tournaments that I play in. As a tournament director, ease of setup is critical. Otherwise, you spend your time adjusting clocks rather than directing the tournament.
Love this clock and no longer need to carry my Chronos to tournaments.
Works fine, some recent glitches
Was working great, doing everything it claimed, but something with iOS 8.0.x gives it a problem. It hangs my IPad when trying to program it. Had to reboot the iPad several times. Seemed like it happens when programming delays, or often ( it's sporadic ) when in the programming pages. Other than this, it has the Fischer , Bronstein, and simple delays. Would be nifty if it had one button prrograming for speed or blitz games. It is easy to read, and the display would be nice to look like an LED display, which is the way of the future in chess clocks. I do like the clock overall, I'm sure it will get resolved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.