Draw your bow, take aim and release your inner Robin Hood in the most immersive archery experience.
Glide your fingers across the touchscreen just as you would control a real bow and arrow with your hands.
"…it's nice to experience first-hand how to aim and fire a bow thanks to Bowmaster" - Appspy.com
“Its a clever control system and one that produces a fantastically enjoyable game...Graphics are also some of the best I've seen on the iPhone, with a fully immersive 3D environment.” - Appstorm.net
“...the shooting mechanism is remarkably smooth... If you’ve ever dreamed about being Robin Hood, then Bowmaster is definitely worth a look.” Appsafari.com
"Bowmaster has got it in it to become an App classic." BZ-Berlin
"...all of the mechanics of the archery are very natural and fluid ... You will love how detailed the scenery is and how your 3D bow and arrow whiz through the air to hit far away targets" Smartphoneapps.com
"The controls for Bowmaster could not be more impressive." - Appsmile.com
"Bowmaster brings together elements that make a stunning and addictive iPhone game with beautiful execution." - Pocketfullofapps.com
Assume the role of a bowman who aspires to join the Merry Five and become their new leader, the Bowmaster. Achieve this by challenging each member in a one-on-one archery contest where skill and determination are key to overcoming each of the opponent's unique strengths.
Aim high and strike true to better other bowmen's online scores and become the worldwide Bowmaster!
Visit http://www.chromegekko.com/cg_apps.htm for an ingame video!
- natural archery mechanics
- immersive 3D scenery and sounds
- 5 unique and challenging levels
- three additional unlockable bonus levels
- GameCenter online scoring system
- SIO2 3D graphics engine
- tournament for up to four players on the same device
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Fixed a crash in Target Range.
Ratings and Reviews
I love this game.
As soon as I got comfortable with the unique and very cool control scheme, I was roped into this game and I've gotten trapped in several multi-hour sessions since. The satisfaction each time you let fly and tag a target is irresistable, especially when it's far away, over a hill, and partially occluded...
The 3-D playing fields are very nicely rendered. The opponents' grunts of frustration and self-satisfied little celebratory outbursts are entertaining. The arrow flight paths seem to faithfully follow the effects of gravity and wind.
A few suggestions for the dev team:
- Include a "practice" or "free play" mode for leisurely shooting around on your current or previous levels without an opponent.
- The leap in difficulty from the third level to the fourth (what's-his-name "the accurate") is *huge*, largely due to the far greater variations in relative target altitude and the sudden introduction of wind effects. I went from mopping the floor with the first three guys to invariably getting savaged by the fourth. Sometimes that jerk even finishes the round before I score a single hit. It feels like there should be maybe two levels between the current third and fourth.
- Shifts in wind direction and speed that occur while the wind vane is out of view (like when trying to pop that dang fox at the top of the cliff in level four) can be downright annoying. Maybe include a small arrow icon and windspeed indicator that's always in a corner of the screen?
As realistic as it gets
I've been a bowhunter for over 30 years (yes, I'm an old guy in my 40's) and this is absolutely the most realistic instinctive (no bow sights) shooting program I've ever seen. The bow and arrows perform EXACTLY as if you had shot them from your own bow (lead, trajectory, everything). Very, very impressive programming. The new graphics on this release are beautiful. Would love to see some additional, more difficult levels, although trying to hold Bjorn the Mighty to under 100 points is challenging. By far one of the best programmed games in the app store. Thanks guys!
This game has a lot of potential. But listen to me and I'll get you to the top of the charts. 1.get real animals (deer,rabbits,bears,etc.) not wooden targets. 2. Make the animals ragdoll animals like other games make people(dead strike, mr. Smiths lab).
3. Make way more levels. An. Earlier comment was right how angry birds has over a hundred levels for the same price! Follow those and you will make a lot more money! Here are some more things for consideration: get rid of wind(too challenging). Make larger landscapes for more animals. Improve graphics(graphics now are good but could be much better!!!) and finally, once all these changes have been made, change the name. The name is good, but you want to start fresh with those that did not like it before.
Now that you have heard my voice, take some of your own ideas in hand. Make them work with your teams great work, and make this app the best on the market in the gaming category!!!! Good luck!!!
The developer, iOccam, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Tore Knabe
- 134.2 MB
- Requires iOS 8.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.2 or later.
English, French, German, Japanese
- Age Rating
- © 2017 Tore Knabe
- In-App Purchases
- William the Daring $0.99
- Ena the Ardent $0.99
- Night Watchman's Bow $0.99
- King Richard's Pride $0.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.