This is the official NY Art Beat app.
• Nearby map to find events within walking distance
• Most Popular list to find out what’s hot now
• Bookmark events and invite your friends on Twitter or by email
• Browse 600 exhibitions happening right now in New York, sorted by popularity, media, area or days till end
• Map, directions and opening times help you get there in one piece.
About NY Art Beat (http://www.nyartbeat.com):
NYAB is NY’s best art & design events calendar. A free website listing more than 700 events in 800 spaces.
We've updated the app for iOS 11. Thank you for your patience and Happy New Year!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This is a fabulous way to always find art near you or by neighborhood. Today is Christmas Eve wish the hours were updated to reflect who was closed today and the rest of the week.
I gave this app 5 stars but is anything ever really perfect? Well in this case I would say it's about as good as it gets when it comes to having your very own Gallery/Museum concierge in you pocket to help you navigate the NYC art scene. NYC always has a lot of everything and sometime you have an idea of what you want to do but have no idea where to start. This app is very useful tool when you decide to do an artsy farsty activity. The features, user friendly interface get you going in a few minutes. The Galleries are organized by area or borough. If you're not familiar with the city, you can pull up a map to help you locate galleries close to you. There are details of the artists being shown and one of my favorite details in the app is how long an exhibit will be at a particular gallery. This honestly is one of my favorite apps when it comes to a guide in the city.
Released way too soon
This app may eventually be okay for what it is. But there are a few no-brainer features missing. You can't find the exhibits at a specific museum without first being at the location which makes it ridiculously difficult to plan ahead. In addition, there is no search function. The "art talk" section is pointless since on any given day there are literally dozens of events like that at the Met alone, but it only shows two items -- one vague listing for the Cloisters and another somewhere else.
Overall, seems like a very good idea that could eventually be useable with a LOT more development. Pretty useless right now.
- Art Beat inc
- 2.3 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © Art Beat Inc
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.